Make Arenas give XP rewards

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Shrouded Wanderer

Make Arenas give XP rewards

Post by Shrouded Wanderer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Since the introduction of the Team V. Team arena in soulhaven its come to my attention that we really dont get so rewards for fighting

Now I know there's potential exploit here so my idea would basically be that, within a 24 hour period if you defeat a player in any arena map you are given 500 xp for defeating that player and 250 so for losing to that player. Then will have to wait 24 hours before being able to fight the same two players together again for the reward.

This would also have an after effect of an alternative path to grinding writs as well as the logical approach of training subordinate, apprentices, etc..

Currently there are arenas that I am aware of in

Sibayad, arcane tower, cordor, andunor, soulhaven

ATM

This would mean that a large participation in arena events would mean a good chunk of xp gain for everyone and boost their usage while also encouraging gathering large crowds to watch and participate in arenas.

Void

Re: Make Arenas give XP rewards

Post by Void » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm

I believe you get about 25xp per arena kill, if you're fighting monsters in there.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Shrouded Wanderer

Post by Shrouded Wanderer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am

Yeah if we want to drag monsters through town to get a slight XP bump sure.

But with writ work being limited, and some not wanting to do the grind and wanting a more social experience while also being able to gain writ-like or grind-like xp. I feel there is a solution to get more people having friendly bouts and trying to compete with each other over just head down grinding.

Void

Post by Void » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Shrouded Wanderer wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am
Yeah if we want to drag monsters through town to get a slight XP bump sure.
Cordor arena has a beastmaster...
Another forum ban, here we go again.

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:57 pm

The only thing required to improve the arena is to allow rest without gaining %. This would encourage more versatile use of the area and would allow character to make use of the area for periods of time. Just need a way to stop those pesky casters exploiting it
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 pm

cordor arena gives 500 for first kill then 25 for every kill after that either gladiator or beast from the npcs in the underground area

magic can be turned off with a lever reachable from the stands as can the no death lever
Yes I can sign

Shrouded Wanderer

Post by Shrouded Wanderer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:42 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 pm
cordor arena gives 500 for first kill then 25 for every kill after that either gladiator or beast from the npcs in the underground area

magic can be turned off with a lever reachable from the stands as can the no death lever
Begs the question why cordor arena is the only one that allows thia