New AI is weird?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hazard

New AI is weird?

Post by Hazard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:56 pm

There's something weird going on with the new AI. I am really struggling to go anywhere alone. Anywhere at all.
Currently sending my mummies far ahead to fight enemies in the minogon plant, and the npcs all totally ignore my summons and charge straight for my character!

I've noticed this happen other places too and it seems inconsistent but here it is pretty much every encounter. They ignore the mummies and head straight for my character even if I haven't attacked! As a healer cleric, this is a horrible experience. I imagine it would be horrible for any pure wizard/sorc that relies on summons, too.

Hazard

Re: New AI is weird?

Post by Hazard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Still in here, playing around with the weirdness. Seems they TOTALLY ignore summons, as in they won't even attack them. They won't even aggro if I stand the mummies next to the minogon... But if the mummies are told to attack, the minogon charge right past them and try to roflstomp my character.

Even being around a corner/wall doesn't seem to protect me.

If I go invis to try and survive, the minogon all just stand around while my mummies tear them up >_>

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Okay. It's happening with EVERYTHING now, not just the minogon. It seems to have started after my mummies got sucked up by a weave-eater's anti-magic field. I transitioned to escape, and the mummies stayed vanished for a while.. and now they don't seem to register to the enemy and all aggro is directed to me.

Maybe this should be moved to the bug section, if that's the case.

Someone can try to recreate it by getting them vanished, then transitioning while they're still vanished.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm

If this happens to someone else the only work-around I've found is to dismiss the summon and get a new one.
Just like defective halflings, the only solution is replacing them.

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:24 pm

certainly sounds like a bug from the anti magic field than the AI.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Doesnt sound intentional to me, even though having the AI made smarter doesnt sound like a bad idea... this is perhaps too smart.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:04 am

This sounds like the behavior effect a ways back when there were custom familiars- all aggro the familiar generated was redirected straight to the caster, which meant they couldn't be used as tanks.

Does AMF reference some part of that code against Summons?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:13 pm

I've noticed this a lot too, no AMF relation, just putting some damage on to something causes it.

It's also very exploitable, you can ping-pong hostiles between yourself and your summon without them rolling any attacks.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.