Derro Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Guriila

Derro Feedback

Post by Guriila » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:44 pm

After playing a derro for over a year (and loving the demented little creatures) I have a bit of “feedback.”

This is a race that needs more than one or two at a time around to have any sort of cultural impact. I can’t tell you how many Guriila met who stuck around a week then disappeared because there’s not really a place for a lone Derro in Anundor except to irritate more important races in the Hub. Thankfully the Duergar faction was welcoming but they themselves are pretty dormant. I think something needs to happen to entice enough derro characters to stick around a bit to make a proper community as there is a lot of fun and unique RP opportunity there but to do so you kind of need to have a little pack of them.

I know this borders on suggestion but it is also feedback.. I think Derro ought to be a minor reward. They’re not stronger than wild dwarves or forest gnomes and they are MUCH more common. The Underdark could also use more options for races without charisma penalties.

Danks-

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Derro Feedback

Post by Irongron » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:16 pm

I do really like Derro, and had already suggested something along these lines, so perhaps it will happen.

Though please do try to avoid making suggestions until the topic is open again. Given how much our developers have worked lately it may not be long.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 pm

I too play a derro (Goirin) for more or less a year now, I have much fun, but I see where you are coming from. Our derros met very sporadic in game, I believe we got very different timezones. A common issue.

Thankfully, Greyport and the duergars hosted the derros at a time, but they seem inactive now. Luckily, many players find it amusing meeting an insane derro, adding some spice to the game.

I'll limit myself to recommend players to spend an award on a derro

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am

I would like to see more Derro.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)