Soulhaven Crypts

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

CrystalRL

Soulhaven Crypts

Post by CrystalRL » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Hoo boy. That's some nice epic level content.

I ran the crypts on my own. And I absolutely loved them, as a weird ranger-discount-paladin. I didn't tear them apart (in fact, I got godsaved at one point), but with proper preparation, I was able to handle them with reasonable resource management. I do have a bit of feedback though.

The first major sticking point was where I was forced to turn back. After a hallway of resetting divine traps (which thematically make sense in those crypts - kudos!), I came across a door that was both locked and trapped. As far as I can tell, you must pick the lock, as I checked every interactible that I could get to. I'm not sure if you can assign a key to the door and make it pickable - if so, there's a room opposite that hallway that is optional and has a set of jars in it that would be perfect for leaving a key.

Second thing is the mob spawns. While it mechanically makes sense, as there is no way to really hide mobs in a big empty room, I would appreciate better markings that the mobs will spawn there, because I know they're not randomized triggers. Something to explain "hey, don't run by that area over there, the ground has been disturbed, we'll get to it once we finish the ones who are currently walking". Same goes for the spiders; I'd like to see webs around their spawn points.