An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Jencent

Re: Feedback: Disguise check

Post by Jencent » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 pm

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:50 pm
Drowboy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 am
Why do you need to know?
Because people want to know when a pc has broken their disguise, so they know if someone starts acting odd around them - they actually -have- broken the disguise, and arn't just metagaming, with an npc happening to break the disguise at the same time.

I sort of understand this, and I feel it myself at times. On the other hand, this could also be abused by the disguised person. And one can argue that really it shouldn't matter if a pc or npc brok the disguise, for a good rper.

It's one of those arguments I can see the point of, very much so. But on the other I think adding it in would bring it's own batch of problems.
But can we just separate NPC and PC disguise? Coz everytime i walk through city gates i see shit tons of spam messages from NPC. And if we already started saying about metagaming with disguise... We already have metagaming state, coz we have (disguise) near name, which is just a red mark on PC back. Everyone start dancing around you and wait untill somebody will pierce your disguise.
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Jencent wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 pm
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:50 pm
Drowboy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 am
Why do you need to know?
Because people want to know when a pc has broken their disguise, so they know if someone starts acting odd around them - they actually -have- broken the disguise, and arn't just metagaming, with an npc happening to break the disguise at the same time.

I sort of understand this, and I feel it myself at times. On the other hand, this could also be abused by the disguised person. And one can argue that really it shouldn't matter if a pc or npc brok the disguise, for a good rper.

It's one of those arguments I can see the point of, very much so. But on the other I think adding it in would bring it's own batch of problems.
But can we just separate NPC and PC disguise? Coz everytime i walk through city gates i see shit tons of spam messages from NPC. And if we already started saying about metagaming with disguise... We already have metagaming state, coz we have (disguise) near name, which is just a red mark on PC back. Everyone start dancing around you and wait untill somebody will pierce your disguise.
Have you totally missed the part where it was stated that this is a passive check?
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Jencent

Post by Jencent » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:13 am

As i say before: Without this (disguise) we will be just another party of travelers, but NOW... We are suspicious! Why? I don't ducken know, just becaus!
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance