Fey - Open lock

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

legionetrangere

Fey - Open lock

Post by legionetrangere » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am

Howdy

Since this is a feedback section, I thought on humbly pointing out my view about the open lock skill on feys.

In my time of playing, I have come across very few toons with arcane classes that have other than fey familiars. I'd say the majority of those that take fey do so because of the open lock skill (which is very good, I agree). This leads to the situation where there is 0 diversity. People just rather go the open lock route.

I have heard the justification for it being "Its not always easy to find a rogue to open chests/doors, specially on my time zone". That's probably the case with every class with the expection of rogue.

I'd suggest removing/lowering considerably the open lock skill on the few familiar, but this is not a suggestion section so I'll stop at the feedback :lol:

These are my humbly thoughts on this particular issue, thank you! :)
PayadorPerseguido

Itikar

Re: Fey - Open lock

Post by Itikar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

You might find merit in reading this thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=28775

But in general this is an issue that is known to the developers, but not on the priority to be addressed.

In the meantime... pixie rules.

Hazard

Re: Fey - Open lock

Post by Hazard » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 pm

I'd rather see other familiars get a buff than just flat nerfing pixie, or if pixie IS nerfed replace the lost skills with something else. Confusion on CD? Something cool and pixie-ish.

Make them all useful!

Most familiars have absolutely no use outside of looking a certain way you enjoy (Eyeball/Beholderkin for me, is my favourite by far).
It would be great if they all had at least 1 super-power on a CD that scaled with every wizard/sorc level. Something thematic to the familiar.

OR, go the other way and make them all useless in fights.
Have them be more like the NWN2 familiars. A kitty cat that gives +1 uni saves to the whole party or whatever.
Just have them be cute things.

I agree that pixie is just too good of a choice atm. I'm so sick of all the pixie familiars. I have so much respect for people who use something else. You are immediately a better wizard/sorc in my eyes!