Sencliffs smuggler

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Sencliffs smuggler

Post by Apothys » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 pm

Is missing again. Has been for a couple of days now.

Its really frustration to try and play on Sencliff when your main way on and off the island has either been lured away or died. I feel for anyone trying to play on Sencliff for the first time and thinking there's no way to leave other than to chart a ship, which means instant death for those unlucky greenhorns. :(

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

AstralUniverse

Re: Sencliffs smuggler

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Sencliff needs love, in general.
EDIT: Or just entire removal.
Last edited by AstralUniverse on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Hevihenkka

Post by Hevihenkka » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:21 am

Chances are that when smugglers are gone from Sencliff... the ships are also being used or stranded in the seas by unlucky Greenhorns. The ships are supposed to come back, but I think this is bugged and not 100% accurate. I often see ships back once
only when resets hit.

Sencliff definitely needs upgrade after updated Ship system. Doing Pirate writs has become more difficult when exploring the seas. Even simple things like finding shipwrecks and sandbanks has become a hard task. I love the RNG of sea travels, but now I feel it's become a bit too much for lower level characters when you might face high level mobs by complete accident.

An easy solution for smugglers disappearance and alternative way for pirate's to travel: Just give 'Shipmates' access to that portal in the locker. I don't understand why that is only usable by Dread Pirates, when it's actually faster to travel to Rayne's Landing and use that portal instead. But without smuggler, dread pirate around, rentable ships, or portal lense... you're stuck

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm

The shadow portal also did not want to show up for me. (And it was night time)

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:35 pm

As this is now approved:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31463#p247552

Once implemented this issue should be resolved.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Something being approved doesn't really mean anything though. We have an approved suggestion from four years back and several two years old at this point that never got touched once approved.

CorsicanDoge

Post by CorsicanDoge » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Yes, but it does mean it's in the pipeline and it will be handled eventually. It's probably best to keep posting with that in mind and understand, unfortunately, that the developer team is piled on with a lot of projects and managing a multi-server module.