The Favoured Soul Helmet - Recipe is too much

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

AstralUniverse

The Favoured Soul Helmet - Recipe is too much

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:35 am

Pretty self explanatory.

To add some context, this item is not *that* good. It's by no means bad and 6th circle is the favoured soul's most important circle because it has greater dispel and harm in it. But it's too expensive. way too expensive. It's is only slightly (and situationally) better than a helmet 2 stats, unisave and 2 skills. Or a soft 5% 3-stats, 1 will, +2 skill x2, yet it costs mithril dust and belijuril gem. Until minutes ago I didnt even think I was gonna use it (regardless of the recipe, I didnt even read the recipe until now) and now I'm thinking I *would* use it if it wasnt such a daylight robbery.

Thanks for reading. Rant over.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Good Character

Re: The Favoured Soul Helmet - Recipe is too much

Post by Good Character » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:05 pm

It's pretty well stat-ed in my opinion. The bonus 6th slot is huge, especially for a spontaneous caster. You're looking at potentially Extended Haste, Harm, Heal, Greater Sanctuary, Extended Lightning Shield. +3 spellcast and concentration are nothing to write off for a caster-based character, and a double stat for the caster's primary stat is always appreciated.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Take a look at other items with mithril dust x2 (because it's quite equivalent to 1 dust and 1 gem in value) and tell me they are not FAR superior to this item in properties.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:55 pm

I liken it to wearing a top tier magic staff on your head. Those only require one rare crafting component, where the Sacrament Visage takes two. I could see adding some other components to bring up the difficulty, but Beljuril AND Mithril Dust feels excessive.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:49 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:55 pm
I liken it to wearing a top tier magic staff on your head. Those only require one rare crafting component, where the Sacrament Visage takes two. I could see adding some other components to bring up the difficulty, but Beljuril AND Mithril Dust feels excessive.
I completely agree and I intentionally wrote it as feedback and not a suggestion. I do have a suggestion, tho. Switch the belijuril gem for a greater catalyst. It's far less expensive but it's more cross-trade in the recipe. Which I would personally think is better both for the item's value and RP.
Svrtr wrote:

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Most of these items designed with all the mithril dust and beljuril gems are often times automatically BiS for certain classes. They are from a different time when item designs weren’t standardized.

Now that we have had time to look at the crafting meta since the introduction of the first set of custom classes, these types of items (end-game tier requiring mithril dust and/or rare gems) are due for a review.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:06 am

Kenji wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Now that we have had time to look at the crafting meta since the introduction of the first set of custom classes, these types of items (end-game tier requiring mithril dust and/or rare gems) are due for a review.
This is really all I could hope to hear and I'd say it sums up the thread. Thank you.
Svrtr wrote: