Assassin token.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Reallylongunneededplayername

Assassin token.

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:03 pm

Remove it, Make it a guild token.

Yes you can be an assassin, no issue.

Wanna be in the guild? You need an aplication.

Reason:

Aplications are to hard, I get ooc tales of so many (often those who are not good at english) who are denied.
Since this is purely due the guild attachment, Just seperate the two.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Assassin token.

Post by Ork » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:17 pm

Why? Applications are the way they are for a reason.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:51 pm

Ork wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:17 pm
Yes, I was told because the guild RP is attached to the class.

So, Hence I asked to seperate them.

I for one tried an aplication for the token purely to assassinate NPC's, I dislike PvP don't care for the guild, Was denied.

I know some like the class for the guild, Some don't care for it.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Reallylongunneededplayername wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:51 pm
Ork wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:17 pm
Yes, I was told because the guild RP is attached to the class.

So, Hence I asked to seperate them.

I for one tried an aplication for the token purely to assassinate NPC's, I dislike PvP don't care for the guild, Was denied.

I know some like the class for the guild, Some don't care for it.
You're generally able to ask for the reason if you get denied. I've never seen it be difficult to get approved personally, having done two apps in the past.

DM Snowcat

Post by DM Snowcat » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:24 pm

Assassin is behind a token for a reason, as they can tread over our PvP rules ever so slightly with their own unique rules.
Assassin class is meant for assassins who work for the guild, period. Why? Because if you don't want to play for the guild, you can play assassin with any build, basically. You can be rogue and say you're assassin.
Generally no PrC request is guaranteed pass, if your concept just doesn't fit to what we have outlined for the class. There's no reason or need to think about decoupling the guild and assassin class, because that is the core of the class.
"Just want to remind everyone when talking about anything involving DM workload as if it's an easy thing, we have 153 players per dm." - Garrbear
[When Arelith goes down, only one Hero remains] Artistic Rendition (By LavaCookies)

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm

DM Snowcat wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:24 pm
Assassin is behind a token for a reason, as they can tread over our PvP rules ever so slightly with their own unique rules.
Assassin class is meant for assassins who work for the guild, period. Why? Because if you don't want to play for the guild, you can play assassin with any build, basically. You can be rogue and say you're assassin.
Generally no PrC request is guaranteed pass, if your concept just doesn't fit to what we have outlined for the class. There's no reason or need to think about decoupling the guild and assassin class, because that is the core of the class.
I know this might be a bit off the topic, but maybe, allow other evil guys to join the guild? Just like radiant hearts, I quite like the concept of radiantheart and enjoy play character in it. Evil or chaotic characters (and I suppose nature folks) can have something similar
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:42 pm

I have found it very difficult for Assassin Token.

Was denied three times. Personally I don't feel that there is a clear requirement for the class. Each response was different.

My RP is sound. I do plan on a bit of pvp, but mainly want the token is for RP reasons. I have been told many times that it would actually weaken my character by taking the class. Though I had written much story and background surrounding it.

IG I feel my character would be prime candidate for the class.

But having clear requirements would be very helpful. Especially because the rules of the Assassin's Guild forbid telling others about it or even discussing it.

That's being said, I have been fortunate enough to know a couple and have been mentored. On the other hand that clearly has not been enough for me to gain approval.

xanrael

Post by xanrael » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:53 pm

My 2 cents on the app.

I've had a few assassins over the years and generally went with a playstyle (and sample assassination) that offered some interplay and gave the mark a reasonable chance to predict, thwart, and seek revenge post assassination. Basically show that the target has some agency and engagement with the plot outside of a trip to the fugue and that "winning" isn't your primary motivating factor.

I view my target as the main character of a (potential) tragedy and my assassin as the supporting character and try to setup things from that perspective.

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Thank you. I have a ton of scenarios written out. I would like to attempt with a totally different approach each time. Definitely going along with the targets RP and story.

I'm sure I still have to wait a while to apply again. Basically been at it since July. No go.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:48 pm

Have you asked the reason for denial?

The app is good as there are features we don't want just anyone accessing, like the list of contracts. It's easier to tell who's not playing fair with a smaller sized group.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:23 pm

I have. And have worked on each response before submitting the next.