Lvl 1, -setstat, -setclass - Changes Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Achsah

Re: Lvl 1, -setstat, -setclass - Changes Feedback

Post by Achsah » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:51 pm

Rei_Jin wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:10 pm

The issue, for mine, is not so much "having an awareness of mechanics".

It is that mechanical rebalancing is a thing that happens regularly on Arelith.

For example; Hemomancers lost the ability to summon/create undead. Which they had.

And there was no roleplay given around why they lost that ability, as it was a mechanical rebalancing.

To expect that (a) people would not build around something a class would do, or (b) that when it is removed that requests to make changes at level 1 need to be roleplay driven when no roleplay is given for the removal of the ability, are both unfair.

nwn was made primarily a single player game. it was made in an era of the singleplayer game so to speak. company's made games either solid solitaire or a solitaire game with multiplayer support. by support i just mean it was added as a feature to exploit the game to its fullist ie...get a toon all the way to 40 in most single player campaigns just did not happen often if they were even playable. ie no bugs that cause dead ends because of this everbuggy nights reason or that. but they did not make pvp with "fairness in mind" they did it that way i think because its flat out expensive to balance something that cant be balanced!..that's nwn pvp.they gave the tools for us to beet our heads against walls trying. ie the ever expanding list of nerfs and changes to classes to try and make what is usually a short affiar anyway fair. game balance is a real element in in just about every game desighn but not all games can deliver it. if you think and or want arelith pvp to be balanced like monopoly i have no sympyathy for your woes.(this is directed not to the poster i am answering) my sympathy is reserved for the ones that actually make an effort to please a crowd that can never be pleased. dying will always suck no matter balance and LAG!. i have a combat simulater game where you guessed it balance is a very big issue among the playerbase. it also features a make it yourself editor. one prominant user of this program came out on the forum and said playbalance is for wusses because the balance job made the hobby job just a job for him. this is getting long so i repeat..nwn pvp canot and will never be balanced because its base desighn is not setup to please the 3 in ten that went online to play, i dumped single player quick because i hate puzzles and the game killing bugs that always seemed to show up in a homemade scenario and sometimes showed up in offical works. and those that make them(PUZZELS) as content gates to my expensive games..lol..cheers.

Quit regarding man in whose nostrils is breath for of what account is he?