Boreal Keep Should Adhere to Lottery Systems

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

perseid

Boreal Keep Should Adhere to Lottery Systems

Post by perseid » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 am

There have been past threads about the Boreal Keep's various advantages that somehow continue to fly without scrutiny. It has a garden that can grow surface plants, it has an isolated interior region that can't be quarter broken, the keep itself can't be quarter broken, and on top of all of this it's not tied to any District/Settlement/Landlease. The lone saving grace in terms of its balance would in theory be that it's a Guildhouse and thus would normally go into the lottery if released by the Guildhouse owner. However, this also doesn't seem to be the case. Instead it appears it can be released and transferred directly, without lottery, ensuring that there is no chance whatsoever that the literal best Guildhouse on the server will ever actually see unintended hands. I think the current occupants do a fine job stewarding it in terms of inclusive roleplay but the complete lack of oversight in its mechanics is frankly staggering and speaks to a total disregard for the impact prominent leases can have.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Boreal Keep Should Adhere to Lottery Systems

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:22 am

it's a guildhouse, the lottery happens internally unless it's put up for sale.

perseid

Post by perseid » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:29 am

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:22 am

it's a guildhouse, the lottery happens internally unless it's put up for sale.

From what I've observed IG there was no lottery dynamic and my character has had it explained to them that a direct transfer took place. If it's supposed to be on the lottery system then I think it's broken, perhaps for a long time since it doesn't seem to have been understood as being so.

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:00 am

While most other guildhouses also adhere to internal lottery pick, it's still possible to ICly engaged the service of a QB in a midst to enter the bidding process.
It's not the case however, for Boreal's keep because it is immuned to QB and therefore, it -is- direct transfer.

The only possible method to enter the bidding is very much -killed- because during the process of internal bidding, no one will ever be able to enter Boreal's keep except the intended person.

If my knowledge is right, whoever logs off within Boreal keep can too, be forcefully removed to ensure there're no abuse of mechanics which itself is an irony.