Temple of Mask

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Diegovog

Temple of Mask

Post by Diegovog » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:43 am

This is one of the oldest areas I know in the server which have remained largely intact. I have a relationship of love and hate with it and here's why:

1- It is a temple of a god of thievery and the owning sign is outside the temple. As a former owner of the temple I can tell it is a huge problem and knowing two other owners, they have also dealt with a lot of prejudice just because your name is in the sign. It's also worth mentioning a high traffic of scry thrown at the owners of the temple. A change to fix this would be very simple and align with most "secretive" headquarters or rooms in the server, which is moving the sign inside.

2- It's "scriable", if there's an area that deserves innate scry protection it's the temple to the one who was a god of intrigue and secrecy. It's a bit uncomfortable to have to constantly apply protection from scry and hit something because majority of members are rogues lol

3- It's not a guildhouse. This isn't even a big deal, to be honest. But it feels it should had been a guildhouse. But the owner is subject to any member strolling in and taking anything from what could be a personal chest.

4- The two locked rooms are not connected to the main guild area and you have to wander through "public" areas between them, exposing yourself. Yes, it is rare, but I've encountered people in there who saw me hauling heavy stuff before.

I don't think it needs a big overhaul, I sort of like it being a super old area. I just wish it had better tools to help rp and prevent metagaming.

Dreams

Re: Temple of Mask

Post by Dreams » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:59 am

I think it might be better to downsize the whole area. Most of what it's all about is basically the same as what the Den of Thieves is seeing to. If there was something more akin to the temples in other areas around Arelith, you could have:

Main temple area: For public to worship
Inner Sanctum: For members to gather
Private Internal Quarter(s): For owner and/or members

A one-way door into the Den of Thieves.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

TheDoctor

Re: Temple of Mask

Post by TheDoctor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 pm

Please please please give this place some love.

You can have my firstborn!