Andunor Silver Mines

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

WitchyEvil

Andunor Silver Mines

Post by WitchyEvil » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:45 am

Andunor Silver Mines

The Silver Mines in Andunor are one of the five land-lease properties that can be acquired by the Districts.

Inside the Silver Mines there is a Guild House Complex with Residences, and 3 Shops.

The 3 Shops are currently set to be maintained by the controlling District.

However the SIGNS for the 3 Shops are INSIDE the Guild House complex gate, which means the District can not access such without acquiring a key from the Guild House owner.

1. Are the shops meant to be maintained by the District OR by the Guild House?

2. Can we please get them adjusted correctly to reflect the answer to first question?
    -Either tagged to Guild House control
    OR
    -Signs moved to OUTSIDE the Guild House complex gate.

It's not really a bug, so much as, no one knows what this should be.

Thank you!

Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

AstralUniverse

Re: Andunor Silver Mines

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:52 am

Worth mentioning that the district in power over the silver mine has (I believe, otherwise it really should have) authority to evict the owners just like any other property within the district's jurisdiction. This means you can totally just demand a key to the silver mine and threaten with eviction otherwise. Happened to me when I owned the Spore Farms, and while my character certainly wasnt a fan of being threatened with eviction, I think it's an excellent way to deal with the situation IC. I think it's kind of obvious that the shops are meant for the district in general, since the owner of the silver mine is only permitted to own one of them, and there are three. However, it would be perfectly fair for the owner to demand that they choose the shopkeepers who get these shops before the shops are offered publicly, because the owner also has the power to evict from these shops I'm pretty sure. Seems to me like there are plenty of angles through which this can be dealt with IC. Different authority figures IC may have different views on things and this is fine.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am

Also since they got remodelled there's a portal source that is still several meters inside a wall that can't be used. Which is a shame since it might make the place more regularly used if this was functional.

Twohand
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Twohand » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:04 am

Lexx wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am

Also since they got remodelled there's a portal source that is still several meters inside a wall that can't be used. Which is a shame since it might make the place more regularly used if this was functional.

The portal was fixed 10 months ago.

WitchyEvil

Post by WitchyEvil » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:47 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:52 am

Worth mentioning that the district in power over the silver mine has (I believe, otherwise it really should have) authority to evict the owners just like any other property within the district's jurisdiction. This means you can totally just demand a key to the silver mine and threaten with eviction otherwise. Happened to me when I owned the Spore Farms, and while my character certainly wasnt a fan of being threatened with eviction, I think it's an excellent way to deal with the situation IC. I think it's kind of obvious that the shops are meant for the district in general, since the owner of the silver mine is only permitted to own one of them, and there are three. However, it would be perfectly fair for the owner to demand that they choose the shopkeepers who get these shops before the shops are offered publicly, because the owner also has the power to evict from these shops I'm pretty sure. Seems to me like there are plenty of angles through which this can be dealt with IC. Different authority figures IC may have different views on things and this is fine.

That's one way to deal with it, sure.

But the question about WHO the shops are meant to belong to, remains.

The signs are in Guild House, implying they are MEANT to be overseen by the Guild House.

The Guild House owner can do NOTHING to the shops except bid on them or let others inside to bid on them, they have no authority despite these being inside their gates. Which means they can't evict someone who makes issues inside their property. (Confirmed by previous owners, they can not oversee the shops at all)

However they are presently overseen by the District in control. But if the shops belong to a District, they should be open and availble for anyone to bid on for ownership, which currently is not possible due to the locked gate.

Getting this clarified and amended will help going forward.

Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:33 am

Thanks for the correction about the owner actually not being able to evict from the shops inside the quarter.

Either way, the question of who these shops are meant to belong to, is something best left answered in game, I think. I dont see how getting it clarified oocly helps moving forward. But that's just me maybe.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

WitchyEvil

Post by WitchyEvil » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:07 am

It's an OOC Mechanical Question.

Who is meant to oversee the shops, Guild House or District.

It can not be answered in game since the mechanics of how it's managed are at odds with one another.

Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Dragonovith wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:04 am
Lexx wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am

The portal was fixed 10 months ago.

That's good to hear!