QoL Improvement for Wizards/Sorceress

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Enertis

QoL Improvement for Wizards/Sorceress

Post by Enertis » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:38 am

Hello there,

I have noticed that most of spell like abilities if not all have some sort of CD - timer to be activated once more expect epic spells.

It's not possible every time the game crashed, you got disconnected or your summones get killed to sleep for new charge of Planar Conduit or Mummy Dust due to rest system wich makes basically every wizard/sorcer an alcoholic.

Most of the summon like abilities for example Warlock, Black Guard or Dirgesinger have timer wich will start after summon dead or dismissal expect planar conduit or mummy dust

What will be realy big QoL improvement for wizard/sorcerer's if summoning epic spells will get some sort of timer like the rest of similar abilities have on different classes.

If not all epic spells should have some kind of timer Greater Ruin, Epic mage armor etc.

Thanks for considering it as an QoL Improvement

AstralUniverse

Re: QoL Improvement for Wizards/Sorceress

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 am

Planar Conduit really suffers there but maybe it's intentional and keeps the game balanced somehow...

For Mummy Dust, we dont just get the summon, we get the tier 6 on all sources of create greater undead, which is why I've been a fan of undead summoning for the most part. There's backup vs lag and crashes, and even wofs.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Kalthariam

Re: QoL Improvement for Wizards/Sorceress

Post by Kalthariam » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:25 pm

A simple 5-10 minute cool down on Planar Conduit instead of 1 per day would probably fix alot of the issues.

It wouldn't be spammable, but I think it's kinda silly that unless your a necromancer or a warlock, you basically have 1 summon a rest, and then you basically either get summon monster 9, or have to go get expensive sequencer staves and find someone whom can put things like elemental swarm on it for you just to function.

This also isn't a simple update for just wizards / sorcs, good aligned conjuration characters would benefit from some QoL on this due to the fact you can't really be a good warlock nor a good necromancer, so your options are severely limited.

The lack of being able to protect your conjurations just simply means everything one WoF cast (From any source, which I still say is way too accessible) away to just suddenly being out of your conjurations.