Malar Temple at level 9. Ezpz

Post all your ingame screenshots in here. Organize them by creating seperate threads for events.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

OutOfChwi

Re: Malar Temple at level 9. Ezpz

Post by OutOfChwi » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:17 am

My post was a joke. The original poster has said he cleared the temple at level 9 easy peasy, but has an Air elemental next to him which is a spell gained at level 11 at the very minimum. So really, anyone with umd to use that scroll could do the same thing as him. So yes, you did solo the temple, but not without the help of using a much higher level summon scroll. Probably a summon 9 scroll at that to be going through that dungeon, which is a level 17 spell.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey, good job!
Clever and creative thinking with results to show!

As for the dungeon difficulty adjustments, that's the module designer's prerogative. Feedback like this can only help the team to make insightful design decisions.
There really is no reason to regard this topic with anything less than positivity IMHO.

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:15 am

ofc i used a scroll
yes it was summon 9. it wasnt 20k gold, it was 4500 which I easily made back from the dungeon

i bring two summon 9 scrolls with me to any dungeon and i can easily solo anything
sure the summon's doing most of the work but i still have to be attentive because the dungeons i do are much stronger than my character is, and i can be basically 1shot by anything in the area.

i also started like
last friday

oh also u dont need umd to use a scroll idk what ur on about
im wiz
Elinoa - Surface

OutOfChwi

Post by OutOfChwi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:27 am

Yes congratulations. My point was, anyone with UMD or caster level be it wiz or sorc or cleric or whatever can do what you did at level 3. Not taking away that its a mission getting through that dungeon with a summon scroll but saying the dungeon is ezpz at level 9 ? You're using a level 17 spell, that's not level 9.

So yes, malar temple is easy with a summon 9 elemental scroll, not a level 9 wizard. Just so people don't get the wrong idea and try solo that place with their Dire Tiger and wonder why they get killed. :)

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 am

Lv 9 summons will f*** up just about any mobs regardless of how powerful they are. Ive taken the air elemental to Hell and almost nothing could touch it.

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:17 pm

I think it's pretty wicked that the place was cleared solo by a level 9.

But, I also think if it's capable at level 9, then the encounters of that place seriously need to be re-worked. And the fact that it was a level 9 wizard makes it even that much more telling of how badly that place needs to be re-worked.

Wizards are supposed to be super-squishy, and not until much higher level do they come into their own. (Traditionally speaking, of course) Wizards are supposed to be part of the old adage: The most fragile classes at the onset become the most potent and powerful in the endgame. -this is starting to sound to me like Wizard=most powerful lowbie and high-bie.

The current use of Summons as tanky-tanks and DPS'ers to do all the killing and take all the damage while you're super-squishy char sits in the back safe and sound, well... that's very telling to the strength of the Summoning spells.

Everyone knows sitting in the relative safety of the background while others take the damage and torture of the front line is the job of the archers. *winks*

but seriously... it is amazing someone was able to do this at level 9. it is definitely an achievement, regardless of the strategy used.. but yes... time for that place to be seriously beefed.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Biolab00

Post by Biolab00 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:18 am

Anymore beef to Malar temple and it's probably only able to be cleared for people over epic levels dude.
Malar temple is srsly wicked

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:20 pm

The Kriv wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:17 pm
But, I also think if it's capable at level 9, then the encounters of that place seriously need to be re-worked. And the fact that it was a level 9 wizard makes it even that much more telling of how badly that place needs to be re-worked.
He was using a summoning scroll. It just goes to show how absurdly strong summons are for doing dungeons. I'd argue that just about everything bar end game stuff and maybe any dungeon with a dragon, can be soloed by someone with a level 9 (or 10 with GSF conj) summon. Without the caster having to do anything else, besides buff it / heal it occasionally.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:52 am

Ancient air elemental with GSF and animal domain can pretty much take on the whole server except for bosses and even them sometimes. That's one of the things i like here... summoning is powerful as it should be.

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 am

I do have GSF Conjuration, yeah.

By now I have every GSF except for necro, evo and ench, and I'm level 21.

Having gone into the Abyss with just an Air elemental - It got twoshot by a succubus and I had to use a godsave to escape.

I don't think summons are *that* strong, if that's a possibility.

Maybe I'll go back in soon now I have EDK but I don't see much point in it right now.
Elinoa - Surface

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Has to be an ancient elemental... the elder ones will die in the abyss. You also need to buff it up some. I have taken mine into Avernus and below and it barely got a scratch.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I loved this whole thing:

-Omg! Lvl 9! Amazing!
-How the bleep did he do it?
-Arguements
-Used a scroll
-Oh~! He used a scroll.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:35 am

Actually even with an ancient elemental i still almost died several times in there at lv 30. Those damn high priests with their implosions and storms of vengeance will wreck you even fully warded and with summons out if you don't neutralize them quickly.