Grotto "fixes" and suggestions.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Ironfoot

Grotto "fixes" and suggestions.

Post by Ironfoot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi, of late Grotto is again filled with life and based on communication between the players this things were noticed that i put into suggestion:

1. Suggestion of possible implementation of bonus XP such we have in the inn's or if you want it other gnome place Turret, maybe in place where is the meeting table in front of the portal, it would for sure support RP that is going on there giving the players to utilize more of that place and RP that happens at that table given is only path to promote group rp as no settlement status what mostly players actually like.

2. No NPC to sell jewllery or scrolls, is this made on purpose? If idea is to push characters to visit other places for such-ok if not would be good that NPC who sells scrolls to accept scrolls while jewllery could the one who take heads.

This one is a bit larger...

3. Past year there was Spriggan Saga War, it influenced characters so much at the highest peak of gnome RP with over 14-15 active svirfneblins and same number of rock gnomes, so 30 at one point, over time the numbers went down and up and now thanks to EE and new players are similar, its RP have deep impact on Grotto as it lasted for 10 game years or if you want 10 IRL months, players put much effort in it and even storywise sacrafice many good toons who either died, set off to mainland, got exiled ect... There was an epilog of the story well made by DM Titania here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15240
...yet not a word was pointed at Grotto who "suffered" the most by these events that lead to possible largest DM event that i seen and influenced all servers and many players.

Often issue is new players wish to know of it but dont get good info, as players we try to gather information and build some refferece to it but it would be great to gain some visable module things, either is Grotto in bit of ruins, rebuilding, NPC who tells a story of it (we can help with IC at the time made notes), book about it at the lab, or maybe support militaristic approach as there be active Warden rp with that building that already is there acros the Workshop I dont know. But some reflection within module would be great that would be witness or outcome of this epic events for Grotto that would help RP players react and further this place RP and create new stories.

Thank you

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Grotto "fixes" and suggestions.

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 pm

1. Yes, around that table in the central Grotto should have the same function as we currently have in taverns, for much the same reason I recall adding the 'Tavern-Sustain' feature to Cordor's Meeting Hall.

2. I'll try to add in a merchant.

3. I love the idea of having an NPC in the Grotto tell the tale of the Spriggan War, and I'll try to encourage Titania to write something up for this.

Approved.