Castle Faction Assignment (And fixes)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

ColorMeLucky

Castle Faction Assignment (And fixes)

Post by ColorMeLucky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Castles can still be tied to settlements, but membership (and access) can be extended to a specific faction and therefore not citizenship. This is a simple oversight that basically makes these two Castles perpetually locked to settlements and therefore makes it awkward for certain places to install people into them.

Case in Point: Myon owns Castle Gloom, a place which is heavily restricted by race/alignment restrictions, and thus doesn't have easy access to citizenship.

Allowing leaders of settlements to assign a Faction to a Castle to allow access is ease of use, enables more potential viability for in game factions, and ultimately improves and sustains those factions and thus generates stronger RP ties as a community; and makes infiltration missions that much easier for would be evils, who can simply sneak into the ranks of the faction and bust it open from the inside.

Also:

- Please fix Gloom's store location, and put it ouside the gates. It's a bit useless where it is at the moment. Thanks!
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Castle Faction Assignment (And fixes)

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 pm

This has been mentioned before, and I'm not keen as it may result less turnover of these locations.

But I can agree to it on conditiion that the only faction that gain access is the 'controlling faction' of the settlement which owns it.

So a 'limited' approval.