Toggle spending Adventure XP

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Toggle spending Adventure XP

Post by Subutai » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:25 am

I think a really great addition to the Adventure XP system would be the ability to toggle spending it on and off.

One of the most frustrating things when leveling a character to 21 is the feeling of having to choose between gaining Adventure XP by doing writs and grinding, or spending that Adventure XP by RPing with the knowledge that once you hit 21, you won't be able to gain big bumps in Adventure XP by finishing writs anymore.

Personally, and for several people I've spoken to, this makes RPing before 21 feel punishing. Every tick that Adventure XP is drained gives the feeling that with no writs past 21, that Adventure XP can only be regained by going off to grind for even long, which many players really don't like to do. They, myself included, would much rather RP than grind.

If there was a way to toggle Adventure XP expenditure on and off, I feel it would really free up lower level characters for as much RP as they wanted to do, without draining their Adventure XP before the XP from writs is cut off.

Thanks!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Toggle spending Adventure XP

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Some kind of toggle, perhaps a % (to a max of 50) one can save of adventure XP tick to start firing only after 21 would help. I wouldn't like a full toggle though, as it would raise its own issues.

Approved (for the above change to the suggestion)