Instrument Carpentry

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tyrantos

Instrument Carpentry

Post by Tyrantos » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:20 pm

Something I find quite odd is that alot of the instruments that one can make require bard levels. Why make such a niche crafting tree, rely upon class levels as well? Would it not be better if it was just one or two of the instruments there that required bard levels?
In any case, I would like to suggest to open up all instruments to crafting for carpenters. To make them alittle more useful, for bards! (even if they are not one themselves)

(If this is already the case I apologise. The tooltips has not been updated to reflect this)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Instrument Carpentry

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:29 pm

We're looking this over, but I'm not against opening it up a bit.

So far the ones noted that likely SHOULD remain as Bard only are
Bardic Mandolin, Doss lute and Ollamh harp, Doves Harp will probably remain bard only. This may change too though. I like the idea of opening it up a bit.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Instrument Carpentry

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 pm

From next reset Cli Lyre and Austruth Harp are craftable by none bards. Others remain restricted.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)