Lassoed creatures

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Baron Saturday

Lassoed creatures

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:53 pm

I've been a big fan of the lasso system since it was introduced, but it's always seemed like something that begged to have more use made of it, in that it doesn't do all that much to facilitate roleplay - it's more of a complicated way to get some extra loot and xp.

Suggestion is this: Have the lasso system work with the arena system. There's a few ways I could see this playing out:
  • Lassoed creatures sold become (temporarily) available to find in the local arena. Adds some interesting possibilities for tournaments/gladiatorial matches.
  • Lassoed creatures released in an arena turn hostile again rather than fleeing. Bonus points if they also become hostile to other released lassoed creatures. ("Corrupted Myconid, I choose you!!!")
I'm sure there are other interesting ways this system could be expanded, but that's what I've got off the top of my head.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Lassoed creatures

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Neat idea, approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)