Non-Evil Assassin

WanderingPoet

Non-Evil Assassin

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:57 am

Adventurers kill people for money ever day. Yes, many of the writs are for literal monsters, but some of them like Gap of Aeons, or Kenku in Guldorand are for genuine playable surface races that are arguably no more evil than many of the targets an assassin might go after. Yes they might kill some good people, but they're as likely to be employed to mess with an evil dictator or to kill a monster.

What's baffling about the current state of affairs is that -palemasters-, those who's entire kit is based around the objectively evil act of animating the dead, can be neutral.

There is nothing inherently evil about anything in the assassin's kit; death attack isn't that different from sneak attack, rogues/druids/rangers utilize poisons, etc.

Please make it possible to play a neutral assassin, even if by reward (it is already an application only class after all).
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Non-Evil Assassin

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:52 pm

Very cautiously approved. I personally like the idea but it needs consideration for balence and restrictions. Also note - only for Neutral - not for Good Assassins. We'd likely lock it behind an app too.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)