Suggestion; Fey.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Disaster Lesbian

Suggestion; Fey.

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:04 am

Given the new changes to Aasimar and Tieflings, in regards to being able to play an Evil Aasimar or Good Tiefling for a Major Reward, going off that same vein-

Fey. Could Evil, Unseelie fey of the other courts be gated behind a Major reward?

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Suggestion; Fey.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:53 am

Maybe. Possibly?

I've long, long rather wanted the idea of... if not 'evil' fey, then unselie fey being playable.

I'll explain the issue.

So first off - remember that Tiefling/Aasimar arn't literally devil/celestial, they're folk who generally have such liniage going back generations. So whilst the liniage may taint (or bless?) them with more of an innate sense of good/evil, at the same time it doesn't compel them like it would full blooded... or arguably even half blooded of their kind.

Fey are actually a bit renamed, really the closest representation of what we have are Pixies. And they are FULL planar beings, who's alignment is far more strictured than those who are just plane touched. So - dependent a little on how much we want to stick to lore, 'evil' pixies may not be possible, I think.

On The Other Hand - I do think that the reward as a whole would be far more interested if there was some evil version of it. Perhaps that's what Hags fill? Or perhaps we should consider adding Nixies or Grigs or others of the sprite race? Perhaps we could make them subraces? Perhaps we should just can 'fey' and rename it 'sprite' and make it clear that it can involve any of those three races? (pixies, grigs, nixies) and remove the alignment lock?

(Or, as some will argue, maybe we shouldn't have to many award races and/or get rid of fey all together! There are those that argue that such creatures are impossible to rp properly. I'm not sure I agree with this, but I see the argument.)

I don't know honestly.

I do feel that using the same method we've used for plane touched isn't the right fit. But I am going to approve this... possibly in some shape or form in the future, at least conceptually. The exact form it takes I'm not sure.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)