Spies and Letters

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Spies and Letters

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello,

Currently, if I am spying on Good Guy #84 and they read a letter, they are the only ones that can see what it says. Even if my character is right beside them or looking over their shoulder. Unless this letter gets put on a board or read out loud, there is no way to see what it said (and even then you'd break stealth, I think, if you interact with the board).

I would like to suggest that all letters be auto on whispers. Maybe on a special reduced radius, if we're concerned. Or if that isn't cool, then for there to be a check to be able to see what was on the letter by nearby characters.

Right now, its very awkward to be following a military type that goes through a bunch of reports from their door - and they could even be rping it at a work desk - and you still just loom there like the most illiterate Arelithian in the world.

Thank you,

Played; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi, H'larr Twins, and others.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Spies and Letters

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:18 pm

If possible I have to admit, I quite like this.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)