EE crashes every 40 min roughly

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Pragmatus

EE crashes every 40 min roughly

Post by Pragmatus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:39 pm

crashes are more common on cities and planes. Usually happens every 40 minutes-timed out with stopwatch app (min 15 minutes max 1 hour 15 minutes)
The crashes dont seem linked to anything in particular. Zoning into areas more does seem to increase frequency, but I will also crash while standing still after zoning even once during play. Example:log in, move areas, wait for crash 40 minutes later.
pc:HP ENVY x360 Core i7 16 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD intel 620 UHD 620
Common error attached below.
Running as admin, compatibility settings for windows xp-3, disabled full screen optimizations.
Cant find anything super useful on the beamdog forums.
This pc runs base fallout 4 as well as heavily modded skyrim, so I dont think its a capability issue.

Advice? Please?

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: EE crashes every 40 min roughly

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 pm

The other system specs are Intel Core-i5 8250U and 8GB DDR4 RAM. Most of the graphics-intensive games at Full HD Resolution will be unplayable with Intel UHD Graphics 620. To get some extra frames per second, you can change the resolution to 1280×720 (or even lower) and preset to minimum/lowest.Aug 2, 2018

This pops up from a quick Google search. If you're running in 1080 try dropping your resolution a bit.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-UHD ... 936.0.html

According to this your card uses on board memory, so it's possible that after x amount of time plus whatever else you're doing (how hard do you run your envy? Multi monitor?) you might be running out
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 pm

turn off all compatibility because EE doesnt need it. You are trying to use a 1.69 fix, that is redundant.

the only check you need to do is make sure the game sees one core instead of multi core, which was my hp trouble before i swapped to a dell
Yes I can sign

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Turning off Compatibility, reducing all graphics, Setting affinity to one of the CPUs. Will report soon. I did used to try multi monitor, but stopped for convenience honestly. FO4 runs fine with some modding frankly on the graphics intensive note, unless you meant NWN. I tried manually assigning the memory to no avail, so that may or may not affect. Currently I have memory back on auto assign again, as it did little.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:02 am

Nwn ee isn't going to look as good as fo4 but it's pretty heavy on particle effects in some zones (especially on arelith), which will very, very rarely crash my 1060 gtx during load screens despite having way more power than necessary to run the base game.

I seem to recall that nwn is also notorious for memory leaks, which is why i mentioned your memory, but I'm unsure how to offer further advice if that's it.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Rhavin76

Post by Rhavin76 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 pm

I used to crash every hour as well when i started playing NWN EE a few months ago, zoning, bartering, opening inventory, or just walking around and *poof* E N H A N C E D. And yes this is the only game where it happens.

Digging through forums as a complete technoob i found two possible culprits and a workaround. Multicore Processors and/or Memory Leak.

Go to My Documents > Nevewinter Nights > nwnplayer.ini and open it
under the [Game Options] header add the following line: Client CPU Affinity=0

Go to My Documents > Nevewinter Nights > nwn.ini and open it
under [Video Options] find the following line: MaxTextureMemory = and add a larger number like 1024

I am not sure wich of the two did the trick but nowadays i only crash once and usually only after playing several hours of not logging out and back in.

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Solution 1 of reduction didnt work out so good. Trying memory leak fix. Will test for a dayish and report back. Thanks!

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 pm

No luck, though I am convinced the memory leak is likely the cause. 800x600, one core-having to manually set it each time as the game resets it each time. I have all graphics set to bare min. I don't care about the game being flashy, I just wanna play. Any suggestions would be welcome at this point... Gonna keep fiddling.

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:09 pm

https://ibb.co/Rb5JJfp
The plot thickens

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm

There's a known issue with Intel iGPU's and EE, and you can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21248

From what I can tell, it's up to Beamdog to properly fix the issue, so until they fix it, there's not much servers can do to help affected users.

Beep boop.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Pragmatus wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:09 pm
https://ibb.co/Rb5JJfp
The plot thickens
nothing more than a script error that we all get from time to time

the 40 minute mark does seem odd. make sure you have full access for EE with your router and firewalls and that your internet doesnt default to a metered connection
Yes I can sign

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm

another thing is envy seems to have issues with games when cool sense is running. check your taskbar for a blue icon in the hidden icons and disable cool sense and see if that helps
Yes I can sign

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 am

Thank you. Checked on metered and nothing weird there. Will try cool sense thing and report back.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri May 03, 2019 2:49 pm

I may have figured this out

Do you have one drive sync set in place or default. I just ran into it when I wasnt ig but, it syncs every 30-60 minutes to update its cloud files as a backup for your computer. This slowed me down while I was downloading music files enough to halt the program, so its certainly enough to drop you from a game.

its a small weather cloud emoji icon in your right hand tray that you may have not even bothered checking what it is.

It is also very simple to turn off, just hit the more at the bottom right and choose close
Yes I can sign

Pragmatus

Post by Pragmatus » Wed May 08, 2019 7:24 am

No luck on first fix =(

As for one drive I dont use it unless its an auto background thing. No little cloud, not in app list.