Fear

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Fear

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 am

I think Fear is bugged. Two incidents - One - in PVP, my char Martin was feared by Torvas' terrifying rage and yet, still beat the snot out of him all the while.

Two - Ann, Azuilah and Martin were fighting dragons on the Burning Shores and, while Ann had clarity working on her, she kept getting feared and despite being feared AND clarified, she ran half the time and fought half the time.

Something is not right.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Fear

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 am

Rattus_norvegicus99 wrote:I think Fear is bugged. Two incidents - One - in PVP, my char Martin was feared by Torvas' terrifying rage and yet, still beat the snot out of him all the while.
1. Nice.

2. Are you sure you were panicked, or did you get the shaken effect, which only reduces AB and saving throws. The latter happens if you have equal or greater hit dice than the Barbarian's class level.

That second thing is weird. I got nothing. Maybe something to do with the Warlock change.
Last edited by The Rambling Midget on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:54 am

It's not the first time I hear of clarity and dragon fear being wonky. As for barbarian rage, it's not a fear effect, it's a paralyzation effect, keep that in mind.

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 am

Huh .... Martin had all these skulls flying around his head and I got the yellow text that said *trembling in fear* ... it was interesting - Grumbar must have decided he'd had enough of Malar!

Skype Arelith.rat

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:28 am

NWNWiki wrote:Creatures that are shaken (barbarian's hit dice to twice that) receive the floating text feedback "* trembling with fear! *".
Sounds like you had enough hit dice to beat the fear effect.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 am

Also, you will see the fear visual above your head.... it was most likely the closest visual they could come up with to use without making new content, so they just used that for the Paralyzing affect that the barbarian T rage does.

as for clarity.

Description: This spell removes the effects of daze, sleep, confusion, stun, and charm[notice not removing fear], and protects against all mind-affecting effects until it expires. For every effect removed by the spell, the target creature sustains 1 point of negative energy damage. (((so I would bet that the clarity got put up after the fear hit)))

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 am

Wow ... neat.

Skype Arelith.rat

Tashalar

Post by Tashalar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 pm

I actually cast Remove Fear on her both times. And none of the three of us were warlocks (Azuilah is a Cleric)

inb4nerfclerics
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:52 am

remove fear shouldn't help, remove paralysis should though. (if memory serves correct) As it's paralyzing you and only a "visual" of fear. I am not 100% sure on this and to lazy to wiki atm :D

Tashalar

Post by Tashalar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:24 am

... Remove Fear shouldn't help a Fear effect from a Dragon?

(I had nothing to do with Torvas and Martin. Apart from shove-Harms (props to Arctic) later.)
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 am

Tashalar wrote:... Remove Fear shouldn't help a Fear effect from a Dragon?

(I had nothing to do with Torvas and Martin. Apart from shove-Harms (props to Arctic) later.)

Which was epic.

On remark of using Remove Fear to remove Fear, Martin has a wand of it, and it works on fear ... as you would expect. I even used it DURING the dragon fight on Ann and it worked.

Skype Arelith.rat

one day remains

Post by one day remains » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:46 pm

I've noticed this happen with summons and spawns at times. Sometimes despite having the "fear" status and the little skulls floating above your head an NPC can still react as per normal and you can still have full control of your character. Granted this is only a small percentage of the time.

Arctic95

Post by Arctic95 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Just for clarity(which would have also counted as an appropriated defense), it was a hit-dice value(as mentioned by a few above) that made Martin able to dance about when Torvas gutted 'im. ;). With Martin and Torvas being the same character-levels.
Tashalar wrote:... Remove Fear shouldn't help a Fear effect from a Dragon?

And that shove-harm I can attest to. *Crawls his negatively-fried body back into his negative-energy-cowering-hole.*