[Closed] Crags Cripts

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Cybernet21

[Closed] Crags Cripts

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:55 am

So,the way this dungeon works is that you kill the 1st floor boss that is behind a door so the door to the second floor is unlocked.

The problem is sometimes the door to the boss of the first floor in question is also locked and there's no way to open it leaving you not being able to do anything else on the dungeon. I feel like this is a bug
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Hazard

Re: Crags Cripts

Post by Hazard » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 am

I don't think it's a bug. You need to bring a person with the appropriate skills.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:07 am

Hazard is correct. The requirements are not especially high, so it should be very little trouble finding someone to help.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 am

It doesn't make sense a dungeon locks you out like that since no other dungeon is this way,you only end up getting locked out of optional parts not ones that are essential to reach the end of the dungeon.

I am also thinking this is a bug because it's only sometimes locked,other times it's unlocked
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 am

Cybernet21 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 am
I am also thinking this is a bug because it's only sometimes locked,other times it's unlocked
That's because sometimes, someone unlocked it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:30 am

There was no signs of anyone being through before me the times it was unlocked,because if someone did unlock it the door to the second floor would have been open wich wasn't the case until i beat the boss

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 am

i think those locks are unlock once per reset, so they don't get locked again before a reset happen.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:15 am

Seekeepeek wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 am
i think those locks are unlock once per reset, so they don't get locked again before a reset happen.
Correct.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Seekeepeek wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 am
If that was the case,the times i went in there and the door to the boss was unlocked the door to the second floor should have been unlocked but it wasn't,wich means no one had been there before.

I'd really appreciate an "official" response in this thread just so we are sure of how it's supposed to be.

MineTurtle

Post by MineTurtle » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:25 pm

The door to the boss room is locked with a once per reset lock.
The door to the rest of the dungeon is locked with a many times per reset lock, which looks or unlocks depending on the boss, or may or may not be behind a locked door.

If in doubt - Bring a rogue with you.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:42 pm

Still,i would appreciate knowing how it actually should be.

Either way this is a bug,either the devs wanted it unlocked so it's a bug that it's being locked,or they wanted it locked but it's only happening once per reset wich they should be able to fix if the other door is able to be locked more than once per reset.

EDIT:And again,i still think it doesn't make sense a party that doesn't have a rogue not be able to do this dungeon because of the door ,if the devs really wanted it locked,since all other dungeons that have locked doors only lock you out of optional stuff from the dungeon.

MineTurtle

Post by MineTurtle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 am

I am 95% confident this is exactly the way it's meant to be. All module locked doors function exactly like this.
Having to bring a rogue is meant to be a requirement of this dungeon, it also features a high amount of painful traps.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Closed.

This is not a bug. The door requires a person with Open Lock to open it.

There is a once per reset lock. And there is also a door that routinely relocks itself.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.