Factions Bug

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Let Love In

Factions Bug

Post by Let Love In » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:03 pm

It currently appears to be impossible to create new factions. This was observed by two players on the Cities and Planes server at 18:03 GMT 4/6/19.
Plays: Voxic Xy'vilkor

DM Axis

Re: Factions Bug

Post by DM Axis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:46 pm

Creating factions/retrieving factions can run into a number of minor mishaps.

When creating a faction it is important to ensure that the name of the faction is unique, otherwise you'll receive a message saying something to the tone of 'this faction already exists'.

If you are a part/own a faction that doesn't display with the -factions command it is recommended that you try the following to see if that doesn't help refresh the server database in displaying the coding:

1. Log out and back in.
2. Transition to one of the other servers.
3. Interacting with a crafting station (as menus can get a bit criss crossed).
4. Awaiting a server reset.

Another alternative method can be to have another player create the faction and pass on ownership to the intended owner.
"It is evil things we shall be fighting against, brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution."
- Minister Neville Chamberlain 1939
Discord Contact : DM Axis#2344

Rhavin76

Post by Rhavin76 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:59 pm

I recently created a faction last week. Thought it didn't work at first, but the next day after a server reset had happend the new faction became visible under the -factions command.

Also changed ownership within a faction little over a month ago. This too didnt take effect until the next server reset had taken place before i had full ownership rights.

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 pm

I've had a lot of difficulty here as well. Tried the steps you recommended, still can't see a faction I was transferred ownership to. Started a new one, can't see it despite server trans etc. Any updates or suggestions?