Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

daimon_d_heart

Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Post by daimon_d_heart » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:26 pm

I am unable to log into Arelith on my Nintendo Switch. I either get the message about player ID mismatch and needing to change nickname in Switch settings or the game crashes after I change the nickname. Once the game crashes and I try again, I get the same message about player ID mismatch and it says to change my console nickname again. I don't think changing the nickname does anything besides the one time crash because I can still see the first character I created.

Ebonstar

Re: Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:21 pm

changing nickname simply means the name you have chosen is already in use by someone else usually. pick something totally random and add a space or an oddball spelling and see if that helped
Yes I can sign

daimon_d_heart

Post by daimon_d_heart » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:21 pm

I think the problem is your nickname is saved to the games files as soon as you go into multiplayer. I was able to get in on Ravenloft but it was still showing my old Switch nickname even though I changed it to something different. Since there's no way to access an ini file on the Switch, I'm right now deleting the game data and redownloading the server files. Hopefully it will work because it takes nearly an hour to download all the files for the PW.

Update: Yeah, that didn't help. I just get the same error message that forces the game to close. And when I go to log in again, I'm still under my old Switch nickname because I still see the character I first tried to create.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 am

Are you still having issues?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:40 pm

No response. Assuming this has been resolved at some point.

Moving to closed. If the issue persists, please open a new case.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.