Piety no longer showing up on server "heartbeat"

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Griefmaker

Piety no longer showing up on server "heartbeat"

Post by Griefmaker » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I am not certain if it is intended to be this way or if something is going on, but it used to be that when the server had its 6-minute "heartbeat" and gave the RPR and hunger/thirst/rest meters, the piety would show up as well.

I have noticed only recently at least it no longer does.

It is not really an issue, as you can see it if you type in -date or do anything which affects piety, I was just curious if it was an intended thing.

Thanks!

Itikar

Re: Piety no longer showing up on server "heartbeat"

Post by Itikar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:00 pm

What are the classes of your character?

Some classes like cleric, especially if you have them as dips, give a 0.1 piety increase per tick, which counters the -0.1 decrease. This means that such characters will not see any change in their piety at the server heartbeat, because it essentially does not change.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:21 pm

I am playing a healer cleric right now with all 7 levels in cleric.

I actually believe I have not seen his piety decrease by that 0.1% either, so that could indeed be why I am not seeing it, since there is no net gain or loss. Good call! Thanks!

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Then it is because at low cleric levels the hourly gain matches the hourly decrease. As you rise in levels you will see the piety again, but as a net increase, not as a decrease. At least when your piety is not maxed already. :)

Case closed!