Warlock New Spell

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

KeldonDonovans

Warlock New Spell

Post by KeldonDonovans » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:52 am

My warlock hit level 16. His Charisma is 16 (base) 23 from items. He has Quicken Spell.

I open my spellbook, energy buffer is listed as the only level 6 spell (correct), and I am able to quicken my lower level spells like darkness/Ultravision/etc. So I set up my quick bar, and rest. Except I cannot cast level 6 warlock spells, for whatever reason.

Additional info: I checked level 5 spells, since at level 15 Warlocks don't have any level 5 or 6 spells, and they actually skip level 5 and jump straight to six. I am able to use fifth level spells (quickened first level spells). Just no 6th.

Hinty

Re: Warlock New Spell

Post by Hinty » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Your charisma is not high enough.

At level 16 Bards unlock the ability to cast level 6 spells, BUT only if they have high enough charisma to gain a bonus spell.
You get 1 cast per day at level 17.

That said, charisma added by items should give the bonus spells per day to cast the spell shouldn't it?

KeldonDonovans

Post by KeldonDonovans » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Ah, so they don't get any slots, and I need a charisma high enough to gain a sixth level bonus slot? According the the NWNwiki, 22 charisma grants a bonus 6th level spell slot, and my base 16 charisma is enough to cast a 6th level spell. Unless Arelith has changed something about the way this works?

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

KeldonDonovans wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Ah, so they don't get any slots, and I need a charisma high enough to gain a sixth level bonus slot? According the the NWNwiki, 22 charisma grants a bonus 6th level spell slot, and my base 16 charisma is enough to cast a 6th level spell. Unless Arelith has changed something about the way this works?
Correct. Or you can just get another level, and get the spell slot.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

KeldonDonovans

Post by KeldonDonovans » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Ope. I'm a derp. This can be closed.

For those interested, my Charisma was at 23...

Because I cast Eagles Splendor. So no bonus slots, because it wore off on rest, can't gain the slot. Derp. My bad.