Shadow doors might be bugging

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

S E L F aware

Shadow doors might be bugging

Post by S E L F aware » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 am

Description
Exited the Shadow Door to the Cordor sewers. Couldn't see it on exit, despite higher search score than previous characters who could. A lighting effect repeatedly occurred, as if something was changing the light in the area when I got close, but nothing appeared. Everytime I got close to where it should be, the lighting changed again, almost like it should be appearing immediately but it was not.

Steps to reproduce
Go to location of Shadow Door in location mentioned above, or exit it. Attempt to make it appear by walking around in circles, hanging out.

Expected result
For Shadow Door to appear.

Actual result
No Shadow Door!

Misc Notes
High ms, hide, and search, rogue levels, keen senses so permanent detect mode active. I also visited post reset to check again after server had been up 26 hours. Edit: The reset earlier today, not the one about ten minutes ago or so.

Which Server(s)?
Cordor and Planes

S E L F aware

Re: Shadow doors might be bugging

Post by S E L F aware » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:10 pm

Seems to be working the third time I checked. No idea what was wrong, nothing has changed for me since then, and both times were in daytime. It worked instantly when I walked up the third time, like it's normally expected to. This was after the "various bug fixes" reset that I tried the third time. I did notice the second time it didn't work, it seemed like someone had extremely recently come out of the Shadow Door based on the series of dead mobs and the placement of their corpses.

Twohand
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Shadow doors might be bugging

Post by Twohand » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 am

Fixed.