Cleric cure spells heal zero (Healing Domain)

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

hugolino

Cleric cure spells heal zero (Healing Domain)

Post by hugolino » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:50 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Today (Dec. 10, 2023), I created a new character for Skal and played until he reached level 4 (Ranger 3/Cleric 1). After selecting my spells and domains (Healing and Plant), I rested and then soon tried to heal a party member with my cleric cantrip. The visual effects and sounds happened, but the character received not a single hit point from "Cure Minor Wounds." I then tried it on someone else and the same thing happened -- the usual effects and the message saying I cast the spell, but she received no hit points back.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

As a Healing domain ranger-cleric, try to use a cure spell with an injured creature.

Expected Result:

Healing of hit points.

Actual Result:

No hit points healed.

Additional Information/Notes

Is this happening because I have the newly updated Healing domain but my first class was Ranger instead of Cleric? A similar problem happened for the same reason (Ranger-Cleric multiclass) when the spell queue was introduced.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Cleric cure spells heal zero (Healing Domain)

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm

It seems to be all low-level Clerics that are affected. The spell basically ignores its own "minimum 4 HP healed" rule.

hugolino

Post by hugolino » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 pm

MissEvelyn wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 pm

It seems to be all low-level Clerics that are affected. The spell basically ignores its own "minimum 4 HP healed" rule.

Thank you for confirming my report. I didn't realize it was a general issue. I'm surprised the result is 0 HP. Even a 1d4 should roll a 1 at a minimum.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:18 pm

Fix is in the pipeline!