Unable to see certain races and pirate ink when examining

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

MajoraGB

Unable to see certain races and pirate ink when examining

Post by MajoraGB » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:44 pm

Description of bug experienced:
I was unable to see a Drow as a Drow it appeared as Elf instead and a few days later I was unable to see an Aquatic Elf too and instead seen it as Elf. On top of that I could not see her pirate ink in her description when everyone else around me could. I uninstalled and reinstalled, unsubscribed and resubbed to all my packs in the workshop and I still couldn't see the actual race or pirate ink. I also boosted my lore to see if that was the issue for the race and it wasn't.

Steps to reproduce:
Examine a character that has ink or a race like Drow or Aquatic.

Expected result:
To see pirate ink and the actual race of a character.

Actual result:
Unable to see race or pirate ink.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Unable to see certain races and pirate ink when examining

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:30 pm

Working as intended. Your character's skills affect their ability to discern subraces and/or detect subtle cues such as pirate tattoos.

MajoraGB

Post by MajoraGB » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:12 pm

Hello thanks for replying, do you mind opening up further on this by explaining what skill allows one to see subrace and/or pirate ink? As I explained I buffed my lore and still couldn't see their race or pirate ink and I am aware it is not spot as my friend who has the same spot as I do could see them and I couldn't.

Note: Buffed my lore to 36 and still couldn't see dread ink

Nevermind rested and reapplied to examine again and could see it this time. Thanks for your time!

Ithalan

Post by Ithalan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:30 pm

It's not just Lore. If the character you are examining is Fully Covered (a state that is automatically applied when having armor or clothing equipped that covers all parts of the character model, including the head), then you need to pass a Spot check also to discern details. Distance to the character you are examining is a factor in this check.