Crafting malfunction

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dragealven

Crafting malfunction

Post by Dragealven » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 am

I don't know if this is a thing that's SUPPOSED to happen for whatever reason, but today when I logged into a character to add a few points to the item I was trying to finish (masterly demask longsword to be exact.. 65% finished) instead of working on said item, it was "completed" and I knew something was amiss when I read that, so I investigated only to find 2 brass ingots in the finished inventory. If this isn't a bug, then I'm honestly a little disappointed with any update offering random item chances instead of the production you've chosen. I asked another person about this and they stated that they were getting fire opals no matter what they put into the crafting station in question.

I doubt you would be able to do much for me, but a guy can hope. It would be great to have a similar unfinished longsword appear in my inventory as a replacement. Thank you for reading/answering. :|

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Crafting malfunction

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:46 am

How long ago did you start working on it?
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Dragealven

Post by Dragealven » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am

Oohh that's a tough question to ask, but I had been working on it since before the underdark was changed, months before that, in fact.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 am

Yes, that smell like he started that masterly damask weapon before the last rework of the carfting system.

Basically, the whole crafting system was reworked by Mithreas so now we could use ID's numbers to get fast access to any recipe without the need to wait minutes and minutes (fighting the lag) to find the work we want to produce.

During this rework, the crafting system got broken and all the old stuff got ruined or turning into diferent things...

Mithreas advised this so the people stopped trying hard things while the system were not plenty and full implemented without bugs.

TRM ask when you started the item, to let us know if that was before that rework (so something assumed and known) or if that was started AFTER the rework of the crafting system, meaning we were before a bug.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 am

Dragealven wrote:Oohh that's a tough question to ask, but I had been working on it since before the underdark was changed, months before that, in fact.
Then this is not a bug, but what I commented above.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Dragealven

Post by Dragealven » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 am

Hm, alright, it is unfortunate non the less. Tuned in often just to work on that item for such a long time. Needless to say I hardly had enough crafting points to start it off, but I guess the only thing I can do is start from scratch. Thanks anyway. I guess any admin can take this post down, then.