Sencliff Warehouse

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Cerk Evermoore

Sencliff Warehouse

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:18 am

Having a character who lives on Sencliff and having achieved the dread pirate rank. I feel like Sencliff could really use some additions to help keep it alive and active. Here is one of my suggestions:

I think it'd be nice if some cities received resources via ships / trade and if pirates could somehow intercept those shipments and steal those resources for a Sencliff warehouse, or resource chest that goes towards making RP progress building up the settlement. I think it would be nice for three reasons.

1. Helps encourage pirates to continue to conduct acts of piracy after they've completed all their pirate quests.

2. Gives do-gooders a reason to try and crack down on Sencliff

3. Possibly opens the way towards a Sencliff settlement system where the only people eligible to vote are inked.

Currently the pirate life has the problem where a player can attack ships from Cordor all day and night and nobody in Cordor on the good side would ever be notified or have any incentive to go stop them besides RP. If they were instead stealing resources or gold from the city, I am sure a lot more folks would bust into action.

It also has the problem where it has an exile board, shop keepers and everything a real city would actually need. But it doesn't have a mayor or a distinct leader, and it is also unable to do trade with other cities and is completely bared from any politics. The island is incredibly isolated and that's great, but some infrastructure would go a long way too. For example, the only available prison cell on the island is in the Baaelspire or with the slave trader. Which kinda sucks for a city which is supposed to kidnap / ransom people.