Good Omens released 31/5 on Twitch Prime(No Spoilers!)

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

HoneyMead
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Good Omens released 31/5 on Twitch Prime(No Spoilers!)

Post by HoneyMead » Fri May 31, 2019 10:26 pm

If you have seen it, please keep this spoilers free! but i had to ensure people knew of it's exsistance.. it just brightened 6 hours of my life - So here it is for anyone who's unaware over on Twitch prime, all 6 episodes.

Terry Pratchett had many influences into areliths creation with references in old cordor with it's former lord Vetinari as an example so i am sure there are many fans amongst us!

I hope you all enjoy/enjoyed it as much as i did, in my personal opinion it's been a long time since somethings stayed so true to the books as best it can.

( I am as biased as hell, i love everything about this author, his worlds and humour and i'm riding a high of much loved emotions!)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hUJoR4vlIIs
“It was sad music. But it waved its sadness like a battle flag. It said the universe had done all it could, but you were still alive.” ― Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Good Omens released 31/5 on Twitch Prime(No Spoilers!)

Post by Irongron » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:46 am

I managed to watch the first episode, and if I find time will get through the rest of the series.

Naturally I've been extremely fond of Pratchett's writing for a great many years, but despite many efforts to do so I've never felt his work has been successfully translated to the screen.

Thus far the most enjoyable adaptation I've seen was a stage production of Guards! Guards! back in the late 90s

As an aside I was one of those who was not at all keen on Vetinari's presence on Arelith (and indeed gave him the boot as soon as I was in a position to do so). For me the books, (the characters) were a really big deal, and while for many of our players in the US I think the reference was suitably obscure, for a British Discword aficionado like myself it would be akin to putting Bilbo Baggins in Bendir Dale.

I will check out the rest of Good Omens though, and who knows, maybe if its a hit Discworld will get a GoT level effort?

HoneyMead

Post by HoneyMead » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:10 pm

it is a rather unique perspective to apply to the tv screen! and i too hope it is a hit enough for them to explore other books of his and for people to more importantly explore the book.
“It was sad music. But it waved its sadness like a battle flag. It said the universe had done all it could, but you were still alive.” ― Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:49 pm

I had no idea Vetinari was i character from another universe. Mind = blown

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:13 am

It's so good.

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:35 am

Definitely interested in seeing this. Grew up reading his books so hope this is as good as others have said it is.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:57 am

Good Omens was such a lovely book to read, to listen to on audiobook and radio drama...

Im actually not surprised there is some aspect of Terry Pratchett's work in Arelith... influenced from it... :)

Im currently on Episode 4... and I must say that actor who plays Aziraphale is spot-on, and very delightful to watch.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Astral

Post by Astral » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 pm

I loved the book so much. Gonna check that series sooner than later.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo