Give Clerics More Skill Points

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Lunargent

Give Clerics More Skill Points

Post by Lunargent » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:02 am

Even just a couple. I found out that it was all but impossible to fit all the skills I wanted on my dex-based cleric/rogue even despite my high intelligence (18). They are currently 2+ int modifier, which is very sad even for 'traditional' clerics. My 10 intelligence healer cleric couldn't even take the Heal skill without sacrificing either concentration or spellcraft, which are mandatory for any caster.

Since rangers got a skill point boost, perhaps a little mercy could be given to Clerics, that they can branch out into other builds and skills.

Thanks for your consideration!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Give Clerics More Skill Points

Post by Irongron » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:31 am

We are already (tentatively) planning to rework many skills, and separate them into two pools 'Primary & Secondary' with different pools for each.

So long as skills points are generally banked to dunp on the same few 'powerful' skills, any increase will only serve to fuel powercreep, just as making more 'class skills' will do the same. We not need yet more powerful builds.

I will likely paste this response to other similar suggestions.

Rejected