Benwick/Light Keep TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Benwick/Light Keep TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:15 pm

BENWICK / LIGHT KEEP TIMELINE
~ 20’s BR (Kohlingen).- Foundation of a triadist state in the Kohlingen isle and northern Arelith.

15 BR (Eastern Arelith Forest – Benwick).- Galahad build the citadel of Benwick in the eastern Arelith Forest frontier and is proclaimed as King.

15 ~ 10 BR (Benwick).- The King Galahad marries the elven druidesse Xyndral.

15 ~ 10 BR (Stonehold – Benwick - Kohlingen).- Benwick fought against the evil forces of the Dragon Cult in Stonehold. During the war, a rift was created between the followers of the Queen Xyndral and the followers of the Duke Darius Tristam, culminating in the leaving of Darius and all his followers to Kohlingen.

~2 - 3 AR (Kohlingen - Benwick).- Destruction of Kohlingen. The duke Tristam and the last of the Kohlingenites made their way back to Galahad the Builder after a mysterious attack surrounding Kohlingen.

1 AR (Arelith).- The First Year of the Arelith Reckoning.
A mysterious cataclysm creates a planar rift, a singularity engulfing a part of the Arelithian population out of existence of Abeir-Toril, sending them to a twin alternative plane of existence.

~11 – 12 AR (Benwick).- The King Galahad the Builder passes away, leaving to the Queen Xyndral to rule his chivalric realm.

12 AR (Cordor – Stonehold).- War between Cordor and the Banite Stonehold. An Army led by the Cordorian Commander Aristotlus march against Ryan Valtheran, the Dreadmaster of Stonehold,

12 AR (Benwick).- As Benwick grew dedicating its efforts to preserve the virtues of its orders, was renamed as Light Keep.

12 AR (Benwick).- Meegat arose as the right hand of the Queen with the title of the First Lady Protector of the Keep of Light. Duty Bond, former knight of Benwick, married with Meegat and was entitled as Queen's Champion and Commander of the army.

12 AR (Benwick).- Sir Frand is slain by an assassin hired by Lady Megaat.

12 AR (Benwick).- The Queen Xyndral marries with Lord Severian, master of the Praetorian Order and Commander of the army.

13 AR (Old Stonehold – Benwick – Bendir).- The destruction of Stonehold. The Banites sent an attack against bendir. After this war, the Benwick army, aided by a host of celestial beings, raided Stonehold in a legendary battle turning it into ruins. Severian led the Light forces to the victory at the cost of lose his own life.

13 AR (Benwick).- Rae Lexius Blackmour joined Light Keep as the High Priestess of Tyr, she and the knight Duty Bond gain influence and will led Light Keep with Xyndral turning as a figurehead. The realm will be run by the Council made with Meegat, Duty and Lexius.

13 AR (Benwick).- Baltak Brinson and his followers arrive to Light Keep. His ambition of reigning, subordinating Xyndral, makes him fall down and leaves Light Keep.

15 AR (Benwick).- An evil attempt to destroy Benwick succeed with the death of the Queen Xyndral.
With the dead of the Queen, the monarchy is replaced by a councilor triumvirate. The High Priestess Lexius presides over the first Council whose members were: Meegat, Lexius and the Archmage Sway Sand.

15 AR (Benwick).- Berichance Arnesen of the Order of Purity ascend in the Council with the fall of Megaat who was sentenced to life imprisonment guilty of hire an assassin to kill the frowning Knight, Frand.

16 ~ 20 AR (Benwick).- Lexius became the absolute ruler of Light Keep, though in practice it was still a council of three. Erik Silverarms, fiercely loyal to Lexius became Duke of Light Keep and the Commander of the Army.

20’s AR (Order of the Road - Benwick).- The Order of the Road is founded by Ser Dafydd Silvertongue, a paladin of Light Keep.

20 – 30 AR (Benwick).- Luna Strata, Godfrey and Rowan Willows rule as the Council of Light Keep.

30 AR (Benwick).- The Light Keep Royal Quarters start isolated and ends ruined.

Middle 30th AR (Benwick).- The Old Order of the Knights of the Road fell into shadow with the disappearance of the leader Ser Dafydd Silvertongue.

40’s AR (Benwick).- Light Keep is again renamed as Benwick.

47 AR (Benwick).- Rae Lexius Blackmour passes away amongs friends, in the Keep, in Benwick.

51 AR (Arelith - Minmir - Benwick).- An unholy mist shrouds the isle, with undead sprouting everywhere and coming from Minmir is defeated by paladins from the Keep of Light.

67 AR (Order of the Road - Benwick).- Restoration of the Order of the Road.
Ser Ubaldo Ferraz, Nelehien of Impiltur and Marceline Diamanti successfully manage to rebirth the Order of the Knights of the Road.

70’s AR (Benwick).- Benwick starts organizing great tournaments and festivals.

70 to 72 AR (Benwick).- The Forsworn.
Lord James Malhinde tried to restore the monarchy but with opposition of half of the Keep, held by the Council and its hierarchy in direct opposition, Malhinde couldn't get a success in his attempt. He and his followers left Benwick to create the Forsworn, a regiment to serve the Light, without the bureaucracy of the Keep.

72 ~ 73 AR [POL] A year after the Forsworn left the Keep and mostly fell apart, Shaalira the Younger, Aria Sweetwater, and Luna Strata were council members with Rowan Willows as the high priestess of Tyr.

70’s to 80’s AR. The Crown of Horns.

81 ~ 82 AR. (Arelith – Benwick).- A lich arose an undead army that besieged Arelith. Defeated by Sir Riago Angert with the aid of the legendary and reforged Sword of Elysium, a blade blessed by Lathander.

86 to 88 AR (Arelith) the Rifts Crisis:
The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

86 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick).- The Battle of Benwick.
Using the planar rifts, infernal forces filter and besiege Benwick, in the first attempt to destroy the Keep of Light. The assault is frustrated in the last moment by the heroic defense.

87 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick - Sencliff).- Near to the collapse of Benwick, the Councillor Thomas Miler attemped to vassal the city to the Sennclif Institute.

88 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick).- Last battle and destruction of Benwick:
The last defenders attempt a desperated and hopeless defense against the overwhelming demonic hordes that concludes with the demonic victory and the destruction of the last bastion of the Light forces on Arelith.

~88 AR (Fallen Benwick).- The remains of long ago glorious army of Benwick, establishes a camp in the former tournament fields, to the east, from which they treat uselessly to recover some span of the desecrated city.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 am, edited 17 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

DM Hephaestus

Re: Benwick/Light Keep TIMELINE

Post by DM Hephaestus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Dionne isn't actually related to Benwick, just appeared there once by the account I just heard.

It's become known by folks on the island that several Obelisk-shaped devices of apparently diabolic origin have taken form on the city's grounds.
Server: [DM] Maelstrom just killed Little Girl in Wharftown (Mercantile Building)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 am

DM Hephaestus wrote:Dionne isn't actually related to Benwick, just appeared there once by the account I just heard.

It's become known by folks on the island that several Obelisk-shaped devices of apparently diabolic origin have taken form on the city's grounds.
Not what I witnessed IG (referred to the last Dionne apparition, where she declared to be owning the Benwicks ruins as her personal dominion) and nor what Malestrom said as the Dionne threat (developed by her) was concerned on Benwick (surely was the only settlement really in oposition to the Dionne's nature, so makes sense she tried to corrupt it and try to make the Light Keep fell) [Fixed my mistook]

But we are checking with Malestrom.

Fixing any mistake if there were any.

Updated the obelisk report.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 am

I am afraid, Man of the Moon, you misread the scene at Benwick, that day when a large group of players appeared against an unseen voice and undead.

That was Legion. They were testing everyone to select worthy "players" for a game they were preparing.

Dionne appeared, as a bringer of information about Legion's plans, as she is opposed to them.

It is true that Dionne has haunted Benwick for a long time, over many years (IG and RL) and been a royal pain in the butt to the leaders, but she wasn't claiming ownership of the ruins on that day, neither were Legion, it was simply a deception on Legion's part to test people, to see how they reacted to the claim on the ruins.

This was explained in further encounters, and it seems you weren't aware of this knowledge.

Sorry, if I caused any confusion over this.
Avon: Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?

Orac: Vila, weighs seventy three kilos, Avon.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 am

Maelstrom wrote:I am afraid, Man of the Moon, you misread the scene at Benwick, that day when a large group of players appeared against an unseen voice and undead.

That was Legion. They were testing everyone to select worthy "players" for a game they were preparing.

Dionne appeared, as a bringer of information about Legion's plans, as she is opposed to them.

It is true that Dionne has haunted Benwick for a long time, over many years (IG and RL) and been a royal pain in the butt to the leaders, but she wasn't claiming ownership of the ruins on that day, neither were Legion, it was simply a deception on Legion's part to test people, to see how they reacted to the claim on the ruins.

This was explained in further encounters, and it seems you weren't aware of this knowledge.

Sorry, if I caused any confusion over this.
The day I was there, everyone concluded it was Dionne...there my confusion then.

Everything is ok Maelstrom :D We are here for fun and voluntary ^^
Thanks for the clearification, easy to fix!

Anyway, is there anything incorrect in the entries about Dionne in the current timeline above?

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:26 am

DM Hephaestus wrote:Dionne isn't actually related to Benwick, just appeared there once by the account I just heard.

Ok :D As i fixed my mistake, corrected the entry as Legion's spirit (if tehre were a better name to reffer that let me know)

Thanks

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am

Updated with the Kohlingen stuff extracted from the invaluated work of Seven Sons of Sin:

Kohlingen: The Lost City, Volumes I & II

as about the Forsworn The Forsworn

Awesome stuff that I was missing bro! Thank you.

(All the Arelith Chronology entries are meant to be grammatucally and style polished during the draft phase (and later if needed)...

Thank you

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

OOC Introduction:
Hey guys, I was asked to read and edit the history of Benwick on the forum by a few players, but I found it easier to just recount it in-character as Erik Silverarms since I've been playing him since early 2006. History predating Erik which was passed onto Erik from other older characters - I can attest first hand as witnessed as Aristotlus since September 2003. Treat the following like an IC story you heard from Erik from a random encounter at a tavern. If my memory served me right, it should be pretty accurate. If you wish to metagame as if your character actually met Erik and heard him tell the following story, go right ahead. I won't hold it against you. :D Enjoy!

Prologue:

Well met, traveler! Verily thou art curious of our order? If 'twas not so, thou wouldst not have bothered this old man to endulge himself in tales of old... Very well. Grab a drink my friend, for I shalt tell thee the story of Benwick - Ye Olde Chivalric Order of Arelith.

In the beginning...

1. A paladin named Galahad is said to have built the citadel and moved paladins of Cordor to the eastern Arelith Forest frontier.

2. Earlier members of Galahad's court included at least one "good" drow - who was not a dead drow! Aye, I know 'tis an utter nonsense. Regardless, I've actually met this drow once... Methinks his name was Zoral or some such. Also in his court wert Duke Darius Tristam and Darius' wife, Lady Anna.

3. Benwick was a chaste order, but nearly every damn knight of the order broke his chastity and got married! This included the King himself, who took the elven druidess Xyndral as his wife. They had a daughter named Hope.

4. Back then, Benwick fought against evil forces of Dragon Clan in Stonehold. While the fight continued, there was a rift growing within Galahad's court between those who followed Queen Xyndral and those who followed Duke Darius Tristam. The rift culminated in Darius Tristam taking his followers to Kohlingen. Though Darius became prominently associated with Kohlingen, 'tis uncertain if the city was truly founded by the wayward duke as he recounted it to me personally.

5.'Tis told that a mysterious and cataclysmic formation of a magical rift to an alternate world similar to Arelith indiscriminately engulfed prominent villains and heroes out of existence and devastated Stonehold and Benwick alike. This created a vacuum in Stonehold for Daller Mange the Banite to take control. With the destruction of Dragon Clan of Stonehold, King Galahad also ascended, leaving his tearful queen Xyndral behind to rule his chivalric order.

6. Following the King's ascension, the queen ruled with the support of her champion, Duke Duty Bond, the commander of the knights and his wife, Lady Meegat. While Cordor's war against Stonehold Banites escalated as Aristotlus Bibliophilius V fought Ryan Valtheran, Benwick refrained from much involvement as it believed Cordor to be almost as corrupt as Stonehold. Benwick's intrigue within itself however flowered with the arrival of Prince Baltak Brinson and his entourage from a faraway fallen kingdom. Prominent knights such as legendary Gina Colds, Emma of Camberwell, Nora Ashby, and Frand the Frowning Knight, with Vestool, Eric Siegfried, and Berichance all rose to fame alongside Priestess Lexius Rae Blackmour of Tyr.

7. Benwick soon hosted Praetorians including brave half-elf mage Arklore, and katana master, Severian. As Benwick grew, it renamed itself Light Keep and dedicated its efforts in preserving the virtues of its order. It is during this time that Sir Frand was slain by an assassin hired by Lady Meegat. Sir Frand's death is said to have been related to his frequent insubordination, but I was never told of the full story behind this episode. The intrigue culminated as Severian of Praetorians became romantically involved with Queen Xyndral and became Lord Severian, the Royal Consort to the Queen.

8. As depravity of Stonehold eventually became an unstoppable plague upon Arelith, forces of Light Keep was thrust onto the vanguard of battlefield. Aided by a host of celestial beings, Lord Severian led a massive raid to raze Stonehold to its ruin. This legendary battle is known in some bard circles as "The Angel Summoner and Benwickan Bandits." From the onslaught, Ryan Valtheran and his Stonehold Banites retreated to Skull Crags and took refuge in a cavernous citadel on a peak which they named Mount Valtheran.

Intermission:
Now, that doth sum up what I know of Benwick before mine own arrival. Take a sip fellow, for I shalt resume my story.
Let's see...

9. On my first day of arrival on Arelith, I met Aristotlus' daughter Ruthia who was leaving the island with her fiance in utter grief over her father's death. For next two years, I served humbly in Cordor's Temple of Torm under Haulfest. Methinks I was sent down to the sewers more often than I care to recount to slay one dung covered monster after another. After my stinking years in Cordor, I began my tenure at Light Keep as a squire to Lord Severian alongside my contemporary, Landara of Unthur, under the command of Dame Emma of Camberwell.

10. Benwick faced numerous powerful villains then. Among the more notable was Dionne the drowish demi-power. We managed to defeat the demi-power and sealed her within a ring called Eye of Harmony, but she hath since escaped, for I encountered her much later in my years. There is a certain deep intrigue Dionne has with Benwick and Lady Meegat in particular, but I never discovered much beyond that Dionne is the true mother to Anisha whose grave still sits outside Benwick's western gates.

11. The flowering of Baronial Age was when I met my future wife Leela the elven druidess as she sought shelter from the villainy of infamous Zeer, the foremost enemy of Cordor. I arranged a sanctuary for Leela at Benwick, and we used the Keep to arrange our battles against the powerful villain. To learn the basic countermeasures against magic and spies, I spent years as a research assistant and subject for the odd gnomish scholar, William Melphele. In the end, our efforts bore fruit as we destroyed Zeer alongside other heroes of the day, but not before he murdered Duke Galverson of Cordor - bringing end to the Baronial Age. I still fondly remember Lord Forlindel of Myon, Curare the Dwarf, Trynn'delynn Eldafire, the legendary Graash Zorgar and Rask Under-River who were the prominent heroes of the time.

12. Shadow Attack on Benwick was an event which changed the order forever. One day, without warning, darkness shrouded the Keep and persisted for a season. We were then visited by a mysterious harbinger of Triad, the Knight of Mirror. It was through him 'twas revealed that the pillar of light atop the Keep was a beam from Celestia itself and that it suppressed a great evil beneath the Keep. 'Twas further revealed that its divine power was waning as knights of Light Keep kept isolating themselves from the suffering of rest of Arelith. When the nameless evil finally rose in a form of an immortal lich, Queen Xyndral sacrificed herself by infusing her own being into Light of Benwick, severing the villain's link to immortality - The Portal of Baator - which was yet to manifest itself. Benwick was victorious that day, but at the cost of losing our queen, who asked the order to abolish the isolationist monarchy in place for a Council of Three befitting a chivalric order of The Triad. Following the Queen's sacrifice, Lexius Rae Blackmour as High Priestess, myself as The First Knight, and Sway Sands as The Archmage took the responsibility of leadership for Light Keep.

13. Methinks 'twas after Sway Sands that Sir Todd Feathergoat took his place as a third member of the council. In years to come, I inherited the title of Duke of Light Keep as 'twas given by the High Priestess Lexi and acknowledged by Duke Darius Tristam. In the period which followed, we led an aggressive campaign against the Banites, drow, and undead creatures. Any drow we encountered wert killed on sight, and Banites came to curse our names through gritted teeth. Ah, I recall the time as the golden years of jolly evil smiting.

14. Through more than three decades of tenure, we accomplished much through the efforts of righteous folks such as Dame Elva, Sir Alfric Percival, Dame Kelly and humble Dredi Harren of Illmater who since the days of the Queen has gained his own fame for his part in ending the Plague of Arelith. I saw the death of many villains and comrades alike. Campaign against Lothar Steelsworn the Dreadmaster of Bane; Legendary rivalry between villainous Azur and righteous Sir Rawk; Strange adventure with Grendal the Dreadmonk who had to carry Benwickan Statue of Tyr... I've taken a vow of silence regarding that one; And the eventual passing of High Priestess Lexi whom I served as the First Knight and a fellow peer of the council. Following the tragedy, we ushered in Sabel as the new High Priestess, and my young friend Sir Arlan Garrinson as The Protector. We stood firm until Arlan's famous heroic last stand against forces of Bane years later. Within the decade, after countless adventures and campaigns, I retired from my post, leaving Sir Conway as The First Knight of Benwick.

15. Following Sir Conway, Dame Elva, and Dame Kelly each took turns as the commander of the knights. The position was eventually passed on to Luna Strata who occupied it for nearly two decades. In the place of The Lord Protector, Dame Cina Byrneson occupied it - I believe - until Sir Godfrey rose to fill the position. In the meantime, I took young Riago Angert as as my squire and passed on the virtues of paladin knight as best I could. Later Sir Riago came to his own fame as the holder of Sword of Elysium, and one of the heroes responsible for ending the Plague of Undeath.

17. Sometime after Luna Strata's tenure... 'Twas my namesake and the scion of Arlan and Sabel, Erik Garrinson who came to lead the knights as the commander. If my memory doth serve me right, 'tis around this time that there was a bad rift between Sir James Malhinde and the other knights which caused the order to split. I was mostly errant during this time, however 'tis said that knights following Sir James called themselves "The Forsworn" and left the Keep to find a new order in the logging community of Guldorand. I recall the names, Oria Mavekix and Kamir Sunsteel among those who went with Sir James.

18. Following the events involving The Forsworn, My young friend Sir Godfrey Willows also left Benwick to settle down in Cordor. Aye, 'tis during these days that just two of us tracked down Archdemon Paush and smote him down in just five strokes of our swords! Ha! 'Twas a rousing, glooorious adventure for the ages!

19. My memory is rather unclear beyond traveling with Godfrey for age hath clouded my mind. Methinks we fought a large battle where we smote an exceptionally large evil dragon near Lake Minmir. 'Twas a glorious time. Ah, how I wish I could have died soon afterwards, for I was cursed to witness the greatest tragedy befall my beloved order.

20. One thing that I cannot forget even despite the thick fog of old age is the Crisis of The Planar Rifts: A young knight commander, Thomas Miller ended up betraying the order by inviting villains of Sencliffe to desecrate the Chapel of Benwick to repair the rifts. Though some say that 'twas a necessary sacrifice to stop the cataclysmic destruction of our world by dimensional rifts, the destruction of Last Bastion and Benwick owe the villains of Sencliffe and their pawn, Thomas, for the evil they have wrought. Through their sabotage of the Light of Benwick - the very same upon which saw the sacrifice of Queen Xyndral - devils wert allowed to overpower the Chosen defenders of Last Bastion and enter our world through the Portal to Baator. The ensuing battle collapsed the floor of my quarter, and I lost my beloved Leela in an epic struggle to rejoin the main battle in the crypts of Benwick. We lost countless comrades including Priest Valian, Brother Marius, Dame Lena, as well as Rowen Strata. Others wert lost in the ensuing battle to reclaim the Keep including all of the Strata family along with the ever-brave and faithful Knight, Roland De Sanbruno who persisted for more than a decade before meeting his solemn end bravely in battle against the devils. Perhaps only Dame Elderith Ashalley is the only one remaining of our order aside from myself and the few guards outside the Keep's gates to battle devils that pour out endlessly. But no matter: Let them come!

Epilogue:

Well, friend. I thank thee for hearing an old man ramble on about the old days. 'Tis the history of Benwick as I remember it. Methinks mine account is at least tenfold more honest and accurate than other works of history claiming authenticity. 'Tis a surprise that I still live to tell thee this tale, but as we live in miraculous modern age of resurrection and regeneration, finding an Aasimar paladin over a hundred years old is only as unexpected as finding a Fountain of Youth on a desert Isle off the coast of Arelith. Fare thee well, until then... SMITE EVIL, my friend!
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Awesome.

I will synthetyze this soon, and compare with other apoints to date each step in order to better polish the timeline.

+10 btw to find that becoming a Book written by the own SIlverarms! :)

Thank you

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 am

Augh, Arlan.

Delia had almost forgotten him. And Conway.

THANKS ERIK.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:07 am

A RL year after the Forsworn left the Keep and mostly fell apart, Shaalira the Younger, Aria Sweetwater, and I want to say Luna Strata were council members with Rowan Willows as the high priestess, replacing Erica (who I believe was a descendent of Lexius or one of the celestial touched original families of the first council). They were the council of the Keep when the Crown of Horns event was underway of which they played assorted parts and most infamously, Rowan Willow demanded the Crown be taken from Amadeo for her to keep and cast into the Light to be purified.

It was during this council as well that Nelehein of the Knights of the Road entered the Keep as a member with the designs to rewrite the laws and renew the oaths in a way that would open the Keep to new perspectives and horizons. It failed due to internal politics and the fact that some of his members were caught torturing a prisoner within Keep walls, thus undermining his position.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:57 am

I'd emphasize the "internal politics" part. It was a kind of reformation spearheaded by Nelehein, Richard Leigh, Cerys and Shaalira the Younger. It failed. Tamra was Commander at the time.

A lot of it got picked by Uriah, funnily enough, and actually enacted.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:35 am

Updated

Thanks folks

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:06 am

First attempt to shorten and polish the Benwick's timeline...
In need of a second revision to polish it better.
The Man of the Moon wrote:
BENWICK / LIGHT KEEP TIMELINE
~ 20’s BR (Kohlingen).- Foundation of a triadist state in the Kohlingen isle and northern Arelith.

15 BR (Eastern Arelith Forest – Benwick).- Galahad build the citadel of Benwick in the eastern Arelith Forest frontier and is proclaimed as King.

15 ~ 10 BR (Benwick).- The King Galahad marries the elven druidesse Xyndral.

15 ~ 10 BR (Stonehold – Benwick - Kohlingen).- Benwick fought against the evil forces of the Dragon Cult in Stonehold. During the war, a rift was created between the followers of the Queen Xyndral and the followers of the Duke Darius Tristam, culminating in the leaving of Darius and all his followers to Kohlingen.

~2 - 3 AR (Kohlingen - Benwick).- Destruction of Kohlingen. The duke Tristam and the last of the Kohlingenites made their way back to Galahad the Builder after a mysterious attack surrounding Kohlingen.

1 AR (Arelith).- The First Year of the Arelith Reckoning.
A mysterious cataclysm creates a planar rift, a singularity engulfing a part of the Arelithian population out of existence of Abeir-Toril, sending them to a twin alternative plane of existence.

~11 – 12 AR (Benwick).- The King Galahad the Builder passes away, leaving to the Queen Xyndral to rule his chivalric realm.

12 AR (Cordor – Stonehold).- War between Cordor and the Banite Stonehold. An Army led by the Cordorian Commander Aristotlus march against Ryan Valtheran, the Dreadmaster of Stonehold,

12 AR (Benwick).- As Benwick grew dedicating its efforts to preserve the virtues of its orders, was renamed as Light Keep.

12 AR (Benwick).- Meegat arose as the right hand of the Queen with the title of the First Lady Protector of the Keep of Light. Duty Bond, former knight of Benwick, married with Meegat and was entitled as Queen's Champion and Commander of the army.

12 AR (Benwick).- Sir Frand is slain by an assassin hired by Lady Megaat.

12 AR (Benwick).- The Queen Xyndral marries with Lord Severian, master of the Praetorian Order and Commander of the army.

13 AR (Old Stonehold – Benwick – Bendir).- The destruction of Stonehold. The Banites sent an attack against bendir. After this war, the Benwick army, aided by a host of celestial beings, raided Stonehold in a legendary battle turning it into ruins. Severian led the Light forces to the victory at the cost of lose his own life.

13 AR (Benwick).- Rae Lexius Blackmour joined Light Keep as the High Priestess of Tyr, she and the knight Duty Bond gain influence and will led Light Keep with Xyndral turning as a figurehead. The realm will be run by the Council made with Meegat, Duty and Lexius.

13 AR (Benwick).- Baltak Brinson and his followers arrive to Light Keep. His ambition of reigning, subordinating Xyndral, makes him fall down and leaves Light Keep.

15 AR (Benwick).- An evil attempt to destroy Benwick succeed with the death of the Queen Xyndral.
With the dead of the Queen, the monarchy is replaced by a councilor triumvirate. The High Priestess Lexius presides over the first Council whose members were: Meegat, Lexius and the Archmage Sway Sand.

15 AR (Benwick).- Berichance Arnesen of the Order of Purity ascend in the Council with the fall of Megaat who was sentenced to life imprisonment guilty of hire an assassin to kill the frowning Knight, Frand.

16 ~ 20 AR (Benwick).- Lexius became the absolute ruler of Light Keep, though in practice it was still a council of three. Erik Silverarms, fiercely loyal to Lexius became Duke of Light Keep and the Commander of the Army.

20’s AR (Order of the Road - Benwick).- The Order of the Road is founded by Ser Dafydd Silvertongue, a paladin of Light Keep.

20 – 30 AR (Benwick).- Luna Strata, Godfrey and Rowan Willows rule as the Council of Light Keep.

30 AR (Benwick).- The Light Keep Royal Quarters start isolated and ends ruined.

Middle 30th AR (Benwick).- The Old Order of the Knights of the Road fell into shadow with the disappearance of the leader Ser Dafydd Silvertongue.

40’s AR (Benwick).- Light Keep is again renamed as Benwick.

47 AR (Benwick).- Rae Lexius Blackmour passes away amongs friends, in the Keep, in Benwick.

51 AR (Arelith - Minmir - Benwick).- An unholy mist shrouds the isle, with undead sprouting everywhere and coming from Minmir is defeated by paladins from the Keep of Light.

67 AR (Order of the Road - Benwick).- Restoration of the Order of the Road.
Ser Ubaldo Ferraz, Nelehien of Impiltur and Marceline Diamanti successfully manage to rebirth the Order of the Knights of the Road.

70’s AR (Benwick).- Benwick starts organizing great tournaments and festivals.

70 to 72 AR (Benwick).- The Forsworn.
Lord James Malhinde tried to restore the monarchy but with opposition of half of the Keep, held by the Council and its hierarchy in direct opposition, Malhinde couldn't get a success in his attempt. He and his followers left Benwick to create the Forsworn, a regiment to serve the Light, without the bureaucracy of the Keep.

72 ~ 73 AR [POL] A year after the Forsworn left the Keep and mostly fell apart, Shaalira the Younger, Aria Sweetwater, and Luna Strata were council members with Rowan Willows as the high priestess of Tyr.

70’s to 80’s AR. The Crown of Horns.

81 ~ 82 AR. (Arelith – Benwick).- A lich arose an undead army that besieged Arelith. Defeated by Sir Riago Angert with the aid of the legendary and reforged Sword of Elysium, a blade blessed by Lathander.

86 to 88 AR (Arelith) the Rifts Crisis:
The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

86 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick).- The Battle of Benwick.
Using the planar rifts, infernal forces filter and besiege Benwick, in the first attempt to destroy the Keep of Light. The assault is frustrated in the last moment by the heroic defense.

87 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick - Sencliff).- Near to the collapse of Benwick, the Councillor Thomas Miler attemped to vassal the city to the Sennclif Institute.

88 AR (Rift Crisis – Benwick).- Last battle and destruction of Benwick:
The last defenders attempt a desperated and hopeless defense against the overwhelming demonic hordes that concludes with the demonic victory and the destruction of the last bastion of the Light forces on Arelith.

~88 AR (Fallen Benwick).- The remains of long ago glorious army of Benwick, establishes a camp in the former tournament fields, to the east, from which they treat uselessly to recover some span of the desecrated city.

Thank you

Darius Tristam

Post by Darius Tristam » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:05 am

Hey all, here to give some info! I will help out with scenarios prior to BR, as that's when I stopped playing for the most part.

:arrow: 30 BR Galahad was camping in a tent in the Arelith Forest when Darius Arrived on Arelith from another Island.
:arrow: 25 BR Galahad was able to save up the money to build a Home, a settlement on the land in The Forest.
:arrow: 24 BR Darius leaves Arelith to travel back off Island.
:arrow: 20 BR Galahad worked with Steel, and Deacon Frost to raise enough money to Raise up a Castle for Benwick
:arrow: 15 BR [POL] Benwick Realm foundation as the castle is finally completed. Galahad, Great Master of a paladin Order built Castle Benwick. Not later will found a realm and reigns by as the King Galahad the Builder. Benwick will be a Bastion of Light and Goodness for paladins, knights and clerics, primarily of the Triad gods and Lathander.
:arrow: 19 BR Deacon Frost is appointed Head Priest of Benwick, and Steel is appointed Commander of the Army
:arrow: 18 BR Darius returns to Arelith by request from Galahad hearing of the trials and tribulations in forming the Country.
:arrow: 18 BR Darius is made General of the Benwick Army, Renamed Lord Darius Tristam.
:arrow: 13 BR Darius Learns of Galahad and Xyndral's choice to turn a blind eye to the master of Spies. Darius leaves Benwick.
:arrow: 13 BR Darius meets with Marin Justicebane, the Current Justicar, and is appointed Justicar of Kohlingen.
:arrow: 13 BR Darius forms the Defenders of Kohlingen as a Knights of the Round Table Design.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:54 pm

DARIUS TRISTAM

YOU ARE SOMEONE I ALWAYS WANTED TO MEET

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ABOUT KOHLINGEN
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil