5% Major Reward Ideas - Underdark Edition

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Petrifictus

5% Major Reward Ideas - Underdark Edition

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:56 am

5% Major Rewards
* Half-drows: Get darkvision instead of Low-ligth vision and know Xanarless instead of Elven. Start either in Andunor or on Sencliff if players want to play on "Hard Mode." Will be marked as Outcast due to hatred from both drows and surfacers.

* Pirate Ink for the Underdark Races: But as trade you cant become citizen of any Andunorian Districts, because why Duergar Embassy, House Freth and Claddath would allow someone with heavy surface influence take the seat?
+ OR allow Goblins and Kobolds start as pirates on Sencliff as common surface monsters, with loss of Undercommon and Andunorian citizenships as trade.

* Outcast Mark for any Surface Races: While personally I wish the Andunor have less surfacers, I know there is some who really want to play as naughty halfling that work with goblins, etc. But if this is done, I would suggest opening the possibility to see Outcast tag for the Underdarkers too.

Bonus Round for Minor Rewards: Orcs and Bugbears. We have the models so why not make them playable? More monsters to the Underdark never hurts.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: 5% Major Reward Ideas - Underdark Edition

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Initial Thoughts from a Concept Perspective.

Half-Drow - I don't think these are possible. I believe that in FR a drow and elf mated just makes a full blooded drow or a full blooded elf. Now a Drow and a Human can make a half-drow-half-human. That would be something to consider... maybe.

Pirate Ink for Underdark - Will have to confir with Irongron on this, depends on how he visulises Sencliff. I like the 'Or' for Goblins/Kobolds, so long as the alignment restrictions were in effect.

Outcast Mark for Any Surface Race: I like this idea actually. I think it could have a lot of 'legs' as it were. I'd also open it up to any alignment (the idea of a 'good' outcast likely being someone accused of crimes he was innocent of, or harbouring a dark family secret, that he himself isn't involved with, but none the less tarnishes his name.). It occurs to me as also relitivly easy to implement. Will put it on The List.

Bonus Round for Minor Awards: Eh. Honestly I'm not feeling this one? We have so many monster races as options already, do we really need more? If anything the problem with the Award system, IMO, is that there are too few options for people wanting to play good/surface characters. I'm not going to say 'No never.' But at the same time, the idea isn't blowing me away.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 am

Approving mostly just for options 2 and 3.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Three is now possible.
Two is sticky as it's behind a normal award. It is still possible to become an outcast by your deeds though - And if someone really wants to petition me to play an outcast dwarf/halfling/whatever from startup, for a Greater/Major award? I would consider it. But at this point I don't think it's of enough mechanical bonus/desire that it would need it's own scripting. So moving this to complete/kinda-rejected for now.

Should things change though, I will keep a mental note re other race being outcasts.
This too shall pass.