Attument Potion C&P incorrect teleport location

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Miaou

Attument Potion C&P incorrect teleport location

Post by Miaou » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Used an Attument Potion on C&P server, ended up in the map outside of Andunor.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Use potion on C&P server.

Expected Result:
Be moved to the Shadovar Tradepost.

Actual Result:
Moved to the map outside of the Deep Gate.

Screenshot(s)
-

Additional Information/Notes
Via this update thread, the attunement potion isn't supposed to bring you there anymore, but rather somewhere else perhaps (Shadovar Tradepost?) viewtopic.php?f=23&p=201112#p201112

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Attument Potion C&P incorrect teleport location

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Yeah I'd love to see this fixed! I did ask the team about it at one point, but I think it got buried.
It's probably such a small bug to fix, it'd be really nice if it was. The Shadovar Tradepost is on the Surface server, which may be a bit too much for the Attunement code. But perhaps instead it could 'port the drinker to Shadow Cordor? That'd work as well.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DangerDolphin

Post by DangerDolphin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 pm

It doesn't make much sense that the Shadovar Tradepost is on Surface, given that every other shadow plane area is in C&P. It means lots of server swapping if you go to the shadovar tradepost from Cordor/Andunor and then into the rest of the shadow plane.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 pm

I am adding this to my list to investigate if no other dev is looking into it already.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

cowboy

Post by cowboy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Distant Shores also does not take you anywhere and drinking potions there is an OOPS.
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Distant shores is harder to key into the 'shadow thing' imo. Though It would be nice if it did work there. I think adding something there so it does is a good idea.
That said I think that fixing the issue with C&P is quicker and more urgent.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:17 am

It /used/ to be, a long time ago, that drinking an Attunement potion in Cordor took you to Shadow Cordor. I remember doing it. So if we could just get them to do that again, that wouldn't be a server change problem.

Drinking an attunement potion at other locations took you to the Shadover Trade Post.