Kingsley's Considerations

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

My decency

Kingsley's Considerations

Post by My decency » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Jezebel sat at her desk, staring at those urns she was given only a few cycles ago, with fingers tapping upon that hardwood surface. Though, for the life her her, it did not matter how much she wanted to think about those urns, they were the last thing on her mind. No, the surfacers had her attention, particularly that planetouched inquisitor. Aremis. It had been years since she had felt slighted as she did with his words.

The hypocrisy, she thought with a snort. It doesn't matter what he does or any of those above, as long as they tell everyone around them that it was something that had to be done for their 'greater good' and it doesn't matter what that is.

She reached out for the only thing left on her desk, a little notebook which she opened up and flipped past years of unspent letters. One of the more recent ones caught her eye and she paused, reading it over with a little grin before flipping past it until she reached an empty page to begin scribbling upon.

"Let us see if the surface can be swayed to look upon you in another way, planetouched."
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

My decency

Re: Kingsley's Considerations

Post by My decency » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:32 am

The door to her office closed and she buried her face in her hands, the spellsword whimpering a bit before she let out a scream that echoed in the basement of the Sharps District House.

"GODS DAMN THEM ALL!" Echoed as the room quickly became a battlefield for her rage, bookcases being pulled over after every book that adorned their shelves was thrown across the room. Her mind was racing as every bit of the cycle's proceedings went through them. From the beginning of the cycle with her waltzing into Cordor to whisper into Emma's ear...to the felling of the monk and their planning to use him as leverage.

The only thing spared from her anger was that desk in her office where those urns resided, and when there was nothing other than that desk to upturn...she collapsed in the middle of the room and wept. None of the cycle went as she planned. She had thought to enlist the High Watcher's aid in exploring the surface, and now she knew that she was going to have to learn to be more subtle above. There was going to be a war, and Jezebel knew all too well that it wasn't going to be avoided..but still the only thing that she could focus on was their disrespect towards Charlotte. Still, even after almost a year...she felt that pain of the woman's loss and the knights above would still laugh and mock her pain.

Slowly, she pushed up from the stone and swung at one of the wooden pillars in her room, the wrist of her swordarm giving a loud crunching crack as bones broke and another cry was given, the spellsword slumping against the pillar as more tears were given, words being given as she sobbed.

"I will avenge you."
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

My decency

Post by My decency » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:45 am

Jezebel looked over her family lands with a soft sigh, knees brought up to her chest as she sat atop a hill where she had spent so many afternoons hiding from her instructors as a child when their pressure was simply too much to take. It was perhaps ironic, that she would sit atop this hill after an abrupt departure from the city, only leaving behind two letters, one for Belfryn, the other for the High-Watcher. That the family lands were tiny compared to most was likely a boon, seeing as they were still as well kept as they were when she had been turned away from her home nearly ten years ago.

As she looked them over, her mind began to wander as it often did. Memories of Foegrimm all but tossing her into the eyes of many in the city, asking Yothar to scribe her scrolls to make hunts easier, meeting Lavok and answering his flurry of questions about the human mind and her own mindset and beliefs...and finally her mind came to Charlotte and she gave a soft sigh. Hazel eyes traveled to the urns by her side and her lips pursed before she gave a soft sigh. She came to finally spread Charlotte's ashes upon her family's lands, a place she had once intended to bring the woman to, if lives ever slowed, even if they would likely be turned away and spit on for Jezebel's own misdeeds.

Removing her scale vest, she stood up and took one of the urns in hand, opening it and peering inside for perhaps the first time as a soft whimper escaped her lips, shoulders dropping ever so slightly. Slowly, she reached into the urn to grab a handful of those ashes to begin spreading them over that hill, a tear rolling down her cheek as she mumbled to herself.

"I know it is not vengeance, my love, but I hope at least this brings you some rest. I am not giving up on it, but I cannot let my grief control my life or actions any more...nor can I sit at my desk and be constantly reminded of your absence."

She continued on until both of those urns were empty and leaned against a tree that Jezebel herself slumped against, shaking her head as she watched the sun fall over the small manor she could vividly remember stumbling through the halls with a tome in hand. Disrupting a brief, calm moment, her hazel eyes were drawn to some movement from the stables that she could only assume was shortly going to be coming her way. She pushed up and grabbed her chain vest, fastening it over her burgundy leather tunic yet again with a heavy sigh as she looked to the tree and pressed a hand firmly against it. After a short incantation she withdrew her hand and looked over a newly burned etching into the tree reading 'Charlotte Elizabeth Crowe. Taken too early, but to late to avoid her having left an impact. ~Elizabeth Kingsly.' After a brief moment, and a glance over her shoulder to see men running towards the hill, Jezebel gave a sigh, patting the tree before she moved around it. She was slow to start, hesitant to leave that spot, but eventually a spot that began her journey was the end to another and she, once again, saw to running from her family lands.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:40 am

The spellsword stumbled down the stairs down below the Sharps House and into her office. She was bruised, cut, and ultimately just...beaten. But despite that, her physical pain was nothing compared to the feeling of confusion she had.

Jezebel wanted him dead. She wanted him to suffer and wail for the disrespect he had shown her and Charlotte...and he surely knew that. She collapsed atop her bed, a muffled scream being given into her pillow. He just...released her. Whenever her eyes closed, the only thing she could see or imagine was the inquisitor's hand being extended to her, offering her a hand up out of the chair he commanded she sit in after dragging her through the streets of Cordor as she coughed and spit up blood.

The planetouched said this would be her punishment, returning her to the Underdark...to Andunor. She did not understand such then...and truly, she did not now. How can returning someone to their home be a punishment? This question plagued Jezebel's mind as she rolled over onto her back, looking all around the room, eyes settling on the painting of two women upon a boat on a lake...the painting she had made of herself and the woman she still grieved over despite the passage of time.

Jezebel's eyes closed for a moment, that extended hand still at the front of her mind until realization finally struck her across the face.

She was alone....and that wretched inquisitor knew.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:36 am

For a change, the snowy-haired woman didn't stumble into her office. Instead, Jezebel strode in and wandered around her desk to sit behind it, staring at the two rings that had much less dust than the rest of it and gave a soft sigh. Reaching over to wipe dust from that corner of her desk, she paused and thought of what Emma had just told her...what Aremis told her.

After years of wrongdoings and the most recent years...was there truly a chance that somewhere within she wasn't the husk of her former self? Was there a chance that someday she could not reside below, doomed to live a life where her eyesight was surely going to suffer?

Was...there a chance she could be Elizabeth again?

She gave a snort, wiping that dust away as she leaned back and tugged off leather bracers and gloves to stare at the scarring of a once mangled hand. She couldn't believe it. While everyone may have a choice...Jezebel had made hers. She had dug that hole that she now found herself in. Perhaps she should've simply turned herself in after her actions in Gladehap all those years ago. After all, an innocent person does not run from the guard...right? Those two boys didn't need to be killed, she knew that now. She did not need to run, she could've simply stayed and been thrown in shackles.

No, as she turned and ran from Gladehap...she started a journey that she did not know would see her to sitting at this desk...thinking of these memories...wishing she had done something different those years ago.

But...could Aremis and Emma be right? Does she still have a choice?
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:40 am

She opened the door to her office, but only paused at the threshold and stared within for a long, silent moment before she gave a heavy sigh and slipped farther in.

"What do you want?"

The question echoed in her ears since she took that portal from the town in the sands. Another sigh...before she thought about that frown that was given as soon as she was seen. Jezebel's eyes looked at the painting on the wall. The one she had painted...another reminder of Charlotte's death..but her focus was on that shadow the manor in the background cast. Then she was smacked with realization. Yes, she told Lavok already, but it didn't really hit her until she looked upon that painting and thought of the elf's words.

She wanted a life not in the dark. Jezebel wanted to see and feel the sun shine on her face and the wind blow through her hair again. She wanted to not have to constantly look over her shoulder, concerned about whoever was slinking around in her shadow. Jezebel wanted...to not be Jezebel any longer.

Dregan had just told her that there were people that cared...and that idea baffled her. Surely, if anyone would be the type to care...it would've been Emma. But instead, the High-Watcher stopped in her stride...and frowned. Any idea of change shattered in an instant as she was, once again, reminded just of what she had just told Dregan. Nobody could see past what she had done. Nobody would ever think of her as anyone other than Jezebel.

Elizabeth was a joke. Elizabeth was weak. Elizabeth ran. But Jezebel stood her ground and took what was hers....but now all she wanted to do was run. She came to this office. To her corner in Andunor to hide.

As she moved and laid down in her little bed and stared at the ceiling as a single question rang through her mind.

"Could things truly be different?"
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Jezebel sat in the tavern in the shadowy remembrance of Wharftown, reading and sipping at some wine. A good enough middle ground, she thought. There was no sun, but at least she could wander woods and hills and watch the shadowy waters move if she wanted.

She was tryingto focus on the white tome she had taken from Sibayad, writings by one Paige Mosbrooke, but she could not help but think about the Advocate's words alongside the pitiful words of Emma and Dregan. Their words had, not long ago at all, caused her mind and heart such unrest that she had almost cast aside every tie she'd made below in a foolish attempt to change herself in the eyes of all above.

But now, those words simply infuriated her. That white tome was thrown, flying through the air and a shade before hitting the wall as she shook her head. The freedom they promised was a lie. They subscribe themselves to the Lie of Freedom to make themselves feel better. They SPREAD the Lie of Freedom to shackle and weaken those that would oppose them.

Jezebel cast a hateful gaze over the tavern before she pushed up from the chair with an irritable snort, wandering over to pick up that tome without so much as a glance towards the shade it went through. With a moment of quiet contemplation, she stuffed the book into her bag with the others she had been reading and stomped out.

"The shackles which bind me will be of my making."
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:32 am

"Protect the weak, poor, injured, and young, and do not sacrifice them for others or yourself."

The words rang in Jezebel's mind as she stared at the easel in the corner of her office from the end of her bed, eyes narrowing ever so slightly as her thumb rubbed against the arrow-wrought scars on her bicep, a little sneer on her lips.

Laecca was right, neither the King or the General were anywhere near the forefront of her mind as often as Charlotte was. Ever since the woman's death, Jezebel had searched constantly for any way to perhaps fill that void. But...perhaps that void did not need to be filled. If not for the woman's death, Jezebel likely never would have had the awakening she did. The Hypocrisy of Knights, as she always called it, was never so infuriating, nor had it ever elicited the actions that followed her death, her murder.

And yet...despite all of this hatred and disgust at the oathbreakings of those above, why did she still wish to warn the High-Watcher and Myon's Voice to danger? Those two were the largest parts of the murder of Charlotte, yet still, Jezebel reached out to warn the elf about the desire for her head, should she be caught in the Hub.

Jezebel hated them. She wanted to, at least. She wanted Emma, or Dregan, to understand the pain and sorrow that she felt at the death of Charlotte. How she almost ran to Lavok and grabbed the magus who would have obliterated her for touching him.

Loneliness was a curse that the spellblade had come accustomed to wearing almost as much as she had the armor she wore daily. And Jezebel wanted them to feel that curse...didn't she?

Despite that doubt, one thing was certain. Disgrace to the gods was something that could not be tolerated...and in Emma's willingness to endanger those around her to try and save the spellsword who, at that exact moment had wanted nothing more than Aremis to drive his axe into her heart...the High-Watcher had sacrificed the innocent to attempt to save her.

And the same could be said for the Knight-Commander, Jensen Whisper. In his fleeing, with the Keeper's supposed terms, he endangered many more to save his own life. Is he not breaking those exact tenets that the Keeper had just told her about?

She did not wish war, and she was most certainly tired of it...but the spellblade was most certainly going to be a reminder that when oaths are broken, when Faith is lied about, faith is shaken and ties can be severed.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:47 am

The winds of the Spires howled as doors swung open and shut with the arrivals seeking a short reprieve from the elements of those mountains. Jezebel sat in a corner, watching people come and go with her hood tugged low.

Katherine had just departed, and the snowy-locked spellblade could not help but continue to think about the Fatist. A DeLocké extending a hand in friendship...baffled her. Certainly, Katherine was fully aware that Jezebel had no reason to humor her questions or travel alongside her. And yet it did not dissuade her in the slightest and they had even traveled together after their short chat.

The Fatist seemed to want to know her, and Jezebel was never one to decline people hungry for knowledge, even if she was not going to give every detail. A few answers, however, could do no harm so long as the information was accessible with a little effort. Their first encounter was an exhausting one as Katherine truly did mean to talk...for hours on end.

Their second encounter was somewhat more...odd to Jezebel. That the DeLocké Fatist would seek her out for company and travel almost felt a slight. But, she came to enjoy the woman's company somewhat as they had continued. They spoke of enjoyment and how they spent time when they were alone and not in the constant presence of others. Curious and cautious though, she never tried to give away too much information.

But here she was now...in the dwarven mountains sipping wine and thinking about a woman who had no business reaching out to her. A woman that could just as easily be used to get close to Kent DeLocké, the man who took Charlotte away. Not much longer, Jezebel pushed up from her spot with a sneer, pushing out of the little tavern as a question rang in the front of her mind.

Why me?
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Jezebel laid upon her bed on her side, staring off aside into the mirror in the corner of her office with a soft sigh. It had only been perhaps a week, but she missed the clingy wild mage. Loneliness was a curse that Jezebel should possibly have gotten used to at this point, yet it ached more than the weeks after getting mauled by a Maur.

With a huff, she rolled onto her back, knowing that there was no chance of the Fatist being here in her office...in her corner of the dark, and she saw to looking to the ceiling, the occasional footsteps being heard above on the main floor of the district house. Her mind wandered to Aun'rae's words, the seeress' firm scolding and admittance towards the reluctance to retrieve her.

"They would not have done it...if they knew in the slightest." She sighed again, closing her eyes as she wrung a wrist, thinking of how incredibly stupid it was of her to simply...walk into Cordor shackled for any and all to see her. Yes, she had been escorted by Emma, but the Coronal had no reason to listen to the High-Watcher and it would've been just and fair for her to simply walk up and bury a blade in Jezebel's heart. It would have been deserved, she thought, after everything I've done lately.

Within and without, certainly. Certainly, someone is going to find some...flaw in her story. Some minor detail that she had left out or a slip of the tongue in the oncoming cycles. The Dark did not need her, they barely wanted her. Before falling asleep, exhausted after running the hells to try and find the wild mage after a rogue mage assaulted her and others, Jezebel could not help but ask herself a question as a soft sigh escaped her lips.

Would a life above truly be a life of weakness...after my life?
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 pm

The Exmplar was right, she was not a surfacer anymore. No matter how she may wish it...her mindset had grown, changed.

Jezebel sat in her office, giving a little sigh as her head shook. Aun'rae's words rang through the front of her mind like the Bell of Andunor. Even if she went back to the surface, Harrow would not relinquish control. She knew where she belonged and...finally, she began to feel like she was at peace with it.

The King would be ashamed of her, letting her hatred be shaken easily by the extended hand of those which deserved such hate. The King would spit on her if she'd asked for His aid in a state where she was willing to cast such burning hatred aside to try and live a life she was thrown from. The chance of Elizabeth ever truly seeing the light of day again demolished, and that was a truth as plain as the scars she bore. Her debts with those above were settled. The Voice of Myon was returned and Jezebel had no reason to push her hatred and distaste away anymore.

Her gaze traveled to the blade resting against the wall, lips pursing briefly as she considered the horribly damaged blade which rested within its scabbard. It needed fixed, reforged. The edge may be able to be mostly salvaged, she thought, but the meat of the blade needed reworked.

Possibilities ran through her mind as her nose wrinkled and lips curled into a sneer. The blade was to serve as a remembrance to her lost love, and there was truly only one apt way to properly remember the woman.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:18 am

Jezebel stared down at the beginning of a letter on her desk, lips pursed.

Dear sister,
Meredith,

It was all there was, but still, Jezebel stared at those words as if she were reading a letter her family had sent her. No, Jezebel had every intention to write this letter out and send it, but she had no idea where to continue the letter. It had been ages since she saw the younger woman, there were twelve years between them, the younger woman just coming to her eighteenth birthday. Jezebel had no idea if the younger woman was even still on the family lands or if she had come to a similar fate as herself, and truthfully, not knowing scared her.

She had always cared about the younger Kingsley girl, but her constant studies always made it hard to have any sort of bond, and she was sure that her younger sister had heard all sorts of tales about the woman Elizabeth had become, about Jezebel. The white-haired spellblade sighed heavily, setting down quill as she pushed up away from the oak desk. It was a letter for another time- if she ever came to finishing it. Afterall, Jezebel made her decision long ago, why should Meredith have to have any knowledge that she was still alive and continued along that path that was set in motion so many years ago.

After so many years, was it possible Meredith had come to pick up the training their parents had forced upon Jezebel, did she become a knight? Did she become a worse monster than Jezebel? There were so many questions the spellblade had and each one only brought more questions and concerns. Thoughts for another cycle, she figured.

King please do not let her see me as I am now.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:31 am

Jezebel sat in the little room she called home at her desk, surrounded by crumpled notes and letters as she looked over yet another draft of that damned letter that never seemed to be good enough.

"Dearest Meredith,
It has been so many years since I have seen you, I do not even know if you even remember my face. You were young when I was sent away from home, did they even acknowledge that I existed after?

Regardless, I do not write to question you on the past, we cannot change such. You are approaching your birthday, little sister, and I wanted you to know that despite the years, I still think about you. Many are not important , at least the last twelve have not been for me, but this is the one where you can make your own choices, if mother and father have not tried to do to you as they did I.

Life has been chaotic for me, and maybe some day we can talk, but I fear that day will be a long time from now. I am kept busy, even when there is little to do, I did as I told you I would when you were young. I've my own forge and I get to work it all day to my heart's content.

Be well little sister,
~Elizabeth"

She gave the letter one last look-over before sighing, adding it to the growing pile of crumpled letters before grabbing yet another sheet.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:43 pm

She sat at the end of the bed in her new home, staring at a shirt in her hands. She didnt know why she still had this shirt, bearing the white and blue her family wore at home in Cormyr, but it was also the last thing she packed when she was moving from the dungeon of the Sharps so naturally, it was the first thing she grabbed as she started to unpack.

A little sigh escaped the spellblade as her lips pursed. Were these thoughts that she now couldn't shake from her mind the waves that the Fryar boy spoke of? Jezebel wanted to go home. Cormyr was a lifetime ago, and she would surely be imprisoned or beheaded if she returned, but there was also the possibility that nobody remembered her actions, that nobody remembered her. No matter what she tried to think of, the spellblade could only think of the rivers and forests of Cormyr. It was a choice, everyone had always told her, that she could make...and the Fryar boy said the waves would catch up with her eventually.

Everything was still packed except for this shirt. This wretched shirt that was still stained with blood from years ago. Foegrimm assassinated years ago, Charlotte dead, Lavok of...little availability as of late, Yothar gone without as much as a simple farewell. Belfryn and Renaut were the only two things that were truly keeping her here, and Belfryn had already told her before that she ought to do what would make her happy. That was an odd thing to hear from the old drow that was probably the closest thing to an older sibling she'd ever know of, but would he still say the same thing?

She gave another sigh and threw the shirt onto her bed, choosing not to put it back in the packed belongings she dropped in the center of the room...but not putting it away in the drawers near the end of her bed either. She was at an impasse, and in typical fashion...she decided to leave her home and go for a walk instead of continue to think on it any longer.
Alais Kingsley

My decency

Post by My decency » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Jezebel was laid in her bed, glancing at the woman to her right with a purse to her lips. The day was coming, and it was weighing down on her as heavily as the guilt she had for her actions in Cormyr. What she was about to do in the coming days was going to be so sacrilegious and wrong- but this was something Rylie wanted, something she needed.

With a sigh, she pushed up and wandered downstairs to grab a book, leafing through it with a small smile. The book was black and, relatively, simple in appearance, but inside were notes of Charlotte's, from different sources over the years. Charlotte was so strong, so sure, and Jezebel had- over the years, become more and more sure about her actions, but this felt different. She was certain she wished to go with this for Rylie, to see the Damarran woman happy...but something pulled at her. This was something that Rylie wanted more than anything, so there would be no interruptions, but Jezebel knew all too well that you cannot control everything.

Even as she sat in her throne, she recognized that someone could break through their door right now and, with no wards, Jezebel wouldn't be the best fight while her blade was even upstairs. That was another thing, Crowe's Remembrance had been reformed, and it had become a beautiful blade, but holding it felt heavy still. Heavier than anything she had ever carried. The rapier she'd made was most certainly lighter, both in her mind and in actuality, but how does one move from one blade that has so much history to a new one?

Vulnerable, a bit uncertain, and entirely frightened for just how wrong this upcoming ritual could go, she sighs and puts Charlotte's grimoire upon the arm of her seat before pushing up and wandering back upstairs. There was nothing that she could do, she wanted to go with this for Rylie, and as such, she was going to make sure she did everything in her power to help Rylie get what she wanted, even if this meant acting against what she had come to believe over the years of her stay in Andunor.

"Forgive me, Rylie, for I could not have the strength you do now."
Alais Kingsley