Shared-Area Rooms

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Drowboy

Shared-Area Rooms

Post by Drowboy » Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm not sure when this behavior started, but I've noticed it recently. Quarters and rooms that share the same area but have a door no longer have that broken line-of-sight sort of 'privacy,' where once the door is closed, you stop being able to see and hear inside of the quarter. Now you can see and hear anything going on inside them from outside, removing any sort of privacy/security those quarters used to offer.

In summary:

Expected/Previous Behavior: close door, can't hear/see what's going on on the other side, from either side
Actual Behavior: close door, can still see/hear both sides.
Archnon wrote: I like the idea of slaves and slavery.

Ebonstar

Re: Shared-Area Rooms

Post by Ebonstar » Fri May 22, 2020 7:58 pm

if you are standing at the door its always been heard on the other side of the door but when you move away it isnt, unless something changed
Yes I can sign

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Fri May 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Frankly, you'll hear someone behind doors at the same range you hear them normally in open areas. People wanting privacy, get away from doors and shared walls and whisper!

Some of seeing them has to do with the listen skill. Doors are a weak spot for this and easy to "see through" with low listen rolls.

Drowboy

Post by Drowboy » Fri May 22, 2020 8:46 pm

No, I mean I can see and hear people in a lot of spots lately. And the character mentioned has like, -1 listen. I could easily be wrong, but it doesn't hurt to report, I guess.
Archnon wrote: I like the idea of slaves and slavery.