Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

daimon_d_heart

Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Post by daimon_d_heart » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:02 pm

This is continued from my previous topic (viewtopic.php?f=52&t=30492&p=246803). I didn’t realize someone had responded and gave up on it. Yes, I am still having issues as I’m not able to change my multiplayer name when I try to log in on my Switch.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Unable to log in on Nintendo Switch

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:23 am

If I recall from when I used NWN: EE on my Switch, the way I changed my username in EE was changing my switch profile name that I launched the game through.

Have you tried that?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

daimon_d_heart

Post by daimon_d_heart » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 am

I have made some progress with your suggestion. I thought I was supposed to change my console nickname, not my profile nickname. That being said, changing my profile nickname does not work. When I try to load Arelith with my new profile nickname, I can still tell it's loading my old one because I can see the character I made when I first logged in.

Now if I create a brand new profile and register it with a different email address to my Switch Family account, I'm now at least able to get into the starting area; however, it keeps giving me an error message when I try to get into Cordor.
Server Found. Attempting to log in.
Connection to server has failed.
Connection error: The request has failed. Please try again.
I already tried deleting my save data. I'm going to try deleting all of the game's data and redownload it to see if that makes a difference.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 am

You’ll always see your characters regardless of your username on Switch. Vaults are handled by CD KEY, and are independent of username.

On my switch, my main user that plays was always names Family. When playing NWN:EE, I renamed it to a unique username and created a character. That then worked.

If you’re starting on another server and swapping to Cordor, try just first logging into Cordor and seeing if you have better luck.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

daimon_d_heart

Post by daimon_d_heart » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Thank you. That worked. It took several attempts, but I found a name that the server accepted. I also noticed the crashing always occurs when I'm portaling from one server to another. Fortunately, I'm able to continue if I log into the server I was trying to go to after the crash. I'll make a separate thread for that issue.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Could be related to the version that consoles are on, which would be better to evaluate pending their next update.