Assassin epic bonus feat list

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Dreams

Assassin epic bonus feat list

Post by Dreams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm getting a bug where the only feats that show up for epic assassin bonus feats are:
- Epic Reflexes
- Epic Skill Focus
- Great Dexterity

Missing are:
- Weapon Prowess
- Armour Skin
- Blinding Speed
- Epic Dodge (when taken at 19 provided other prereqs are accounted for)

Infinite Solutions

Re: Assassin epic bonus feat list

Post by Infinite Solutions » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:56 pm

I don't think this is a bug at all. The base game gives you those very limited options. It would be nice to have more choices but that'd be something for suggestions.

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:19 am

Not bugs, this is what Assassins have always got, for good reason.

This is a "suggestion" I keep seeing that I hate. If you gave Assassin all the feats Rogue gets, who in their right mind would ever play Rogue when you can play Rogue with free bonus damage, free Improved Invis/Darkness/Increased Poisons, and lax PvP rules?

Who really would be that dumb?

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:59 am

I was dumb enough to think that this couldn't have possibly been a design choice, and was some oversight bug when things got reworked.

I guess it is worth pointing out that these feats are the kind that most classes get during epic bonus-feat selection. It's not free, they're selecting them at the expense of something else.

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:45 am

Might-N-Magic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:19 am

This is a "suggestion" I keep seeing that I hate. If you gave Assassin all the feats Rogue gets, who in their right mind would ever play Rogue when you can play Rogue with free bonus damage, free Improved Invis/Darkness/Increased Poisons, and lax PvP rules?

I'd tell you why you're wrong but considering your cretinous response to someone having a differing opinion to you is to just call them dumb I feel like my time can be better spent elsewhere.

Infinite Solutions

Post by Infinite Solutions » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:11 am

Rogues have grenades, choking powder, doubled weapon proficiencies and some other goodies.. Plus they don't have to be evil. Anyone outed as an evil assassin can't really operate openly in surface settlements.

Giving assassins a few more options on their epic bonus feats isn't going to decrease rogue's popularity much. I don't think anything they couldn't pick on a normal 21/24/27/30 feat should be added but don't think the ones listed in the OP are problematic.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:11 am

Tbh anything relevant to the class that could be taken on a general is what I would have expected.

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Imperatrix wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:45 am
Might-N-Magic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:19 am

I'd tell you why you're wrong but considering your cretinous response to someone having a differing opinion to you is to just call them dumb I feel like my time can be better spent elsewhere.
The clarion call of someone with no actual point. But to address someone who did have a point...

"Rogues have grenades, choking powder, doubled weapon proficiencies and some other goodies.. Plus they don't have to be evil. Anyone outed as an evil assassin can't really operate openly in surface settlements. "

Most grenades are worthless. Those few that aren't (which are at best, okay vs PvE and largely useless in epic PvE content of equittable level) are more or less almost completely worthless in PvP since one can immunize yourself to them entirely and/or are all Fort saves, which everyone geeks up far past their DCs anyways.

Most any other "Rogue" changes were spread out to other classes, including Assassin.

Giving Assassin the Rogue choices for epic feats makes them an extremely obviously superior "why would you even" choice. Assassins are pretty awesome what with all the changes they've had plus even the general goodies they get from the base class. Giving them everything you'd want from a Rogue on top of that? Why bother ever playing a Rogue, seriously? Two more skill points? Assassin could just be renamed "Rogue ++." Anyone with IQ north of room temperature would reroll their Rogues as Assassins.

It's bad enough the Rogue changes have already been 90% cannibalized by 3-4 classes to the point it's back to being a very low tier class choice again.

As for the "evil" thing, this isn't the era of 10 years ago anymore where that meant you couldn't enter any city and had trouble doing basic things. Being evil or a pariah isn't much of a hardship. You can go almost anywhere and own property and operate in most societies as it is now. Heck, most of Cordor's populace is evil not to mention several mostly "lawless" settlements to settle in. It's for this reason one shouldn't balance a class mechanically against "RP drawbacks" since players often just are free to ignore them or create situations where they are no longer meaningful.

Infinite Solutions

Post by Infinite Solutions » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Nothing you are saying is anything but one person's opinion ("grenades suck" is not a fact, even if it was true; some of them are good and fun to use) and it's delivered with so much hostile energy I can't imagine anyone in their right mind arguing further.

Realistically Dreams, if you think there should be more feats make a suggestion. There's a very good reason people aren't able to argue suggestions and you're seeing why.

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 pm

The suggestion has already been made: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24912&p=201250&hil ... in#p201250

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Oh, I didn't realise this had already been brought up. It is explained better in that suggestion than what I wrote here. The lack of bonus feats really hampers any desire to go heavily into assassin.