Golems+

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

Golems+

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 pm

So, this is a big one, but don't worry because I come with some of the work (hopefully) done, that is if the suggestion is accepted of course.

So, as a massive fan of the golem system and even more so of the latest additions to it a la Silvard granting us the ability to rename and redescribe them, I can't help but feel it's still extremely underwhelming and lacking, mostly in terms of variety and usefullness.
Rp-wise the Golems are fantastic, but mechanically they're almost pointless past level 15, and even then only the Stone one is worth while up until that point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've come with a suggestion to add and expand on the system, in a huge way.

First of all i'll explain what i'm bringing to try help make this happen. Over the last few days i've worked on creating multiple Golems (they will need whatever scripts and a few Arelith specifics additions that I don't have access to, as well as being added into the current Golem system and the crafting system too, but the base work is all completely done including Skins, Claws, and Weapons) in a module that i'll share here to be viewed. There are 18 Golems in total and they are separated into four tiers, 1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest.
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xddfn1dfj016 ... y.mod?dl=0
Just select the "Open" button and choose Download, put it in your modules folder, run the Toolset or the DM Client and hop in to check them out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which brings me to the suggestion, I suggest we break Golemancy into four tiers and add many new golems to fill those tiers.
To craft a Golem of a specific Tier will have certain requirements:
Tier 1: Requires CL 11 and "Spell Focus: Transmutation"
Tier 2: Requires CL 16 and "Greater Spell Focus: Transmutation"
Tier 3: Requires CL 21 and "Epic Spell Focus: Transmutation"
Tier 4: Requires, either, CL 28 or CL 30 (up to you guys but there's a very good reason why this tier should be very exclusive) and "Epic Spell Focus: Transmutation".

The use of the Golem Heart as a necessary crafting component wouldn't change at all but i'd suggest the need for a Gold ingot to make the heart be changed to something a bit easier to get (for the sake of the earlier tier golems) like Bronze, Brass, or even just Iron.

I'd also suggest that the Golem Control Stones become a craftable item. There's simply no reason why they aren't craftable and if these changes were to be made it'd likely be a necessary addition to make them craftable. Suggested Materials:
Alchemy DC 22+
47 Crafting Points
1 Diamond
1 Brass Ingot
1 Alchemist's Catalyst (Lesser)
1 Dominate Person (scroll)

Moving on. I have a simple run down of the basic stats of each of the Golems from each Tier (this can be viewed in the module also, simply open the module in the toolset and check them out there, or launch the DM client and create a new game in the module and inspect the character sheets of them there, but i'll post it here for convenience)
*All are subject to change at the discretion of the admins and devs if the suggestion is accepted, of course.

Tier 1:

Bronze Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Bronze) - Forging DC 18, 7 Bronze Ingots 5 Granite, 32 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 21
HP = 110
AB = 15/10
Attack = 2-20 + 7 (20 / x2)
Fort = 9
Ref = 6
Will = 9
SR = 0
Regen = 0
DR = 10/+2.
Weaknesses: 50% Sonic Vulnerable, 50% Acid Vulnerability,
Special: Spell Immunity (level 4 or lower).
Ability: 1x Iron Golem Poison Gas

Arelith Specific Additions Required:
None

Clay Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Clay) - Art Crafting DC 20, 10 Clay, 30 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 18
HP = 120
AB = 13/8
Attack = 2-20 + 5 (20 / x2)
Fort = 11
Ref = 4
Will = 8
SR = 0
Regen = +5
DR = 5/+2, Acid 10/-, Cold 10/-, Electrical 10/-, Physical Immunity 10%, Fire Immunity 100%.
Weaknesses: 50% Sonic Vulnerable.

Ability: Hold Person DC 20 On Cooldown.
Resize to about half size.

Flesh Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Flesh) - Herbalism DC 15, 15 Medium Meat, 26 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 15
HP = 93
AB = 13/8
Attack = 2-16 + 5 (20 / x2)
Fort = 7
Ref = 9
Will = 3
SR = 12
Regen = +4 (Vamp)
DR = 5/-, 20/+1, Pierce/Bludge Immunity 10%, Sonic Immunity 50%.
Weaknesses: 50% Slash Vulnerable, 100% Fire Vulnerability

None

Granite Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Granite) - Art Crafting DC 20, 15 Granite, 30 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 14
HP = 135
AB = 14/9
Attack = 2-20 + 6 (20 / x2)
Fort = 12
Ref = 4
Will = 9
SR = 12
Regen = 0
DR = 10/+4, Physical Immunity 25%.
Weaknesses: 50% Sonic Vulnerable, 50% Acid Vulnerability.

Ability: Slow Bolt DC 18 On Cooldown.
Resize to about 75% of size.

Treant (Wood Golem):
Crafting - Golem Parts (Wood) - Carpentry DC 18, 10 Hardwood and 10 Softwood, 22 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 16
HP = 110
AB = 11/6
Attack = 1-20 + 3 (20 / x2)
Fort = 8
Ref = 5
Will = 9
SR = 12
Regen = +3
DR = 5/+1, Cold 50/-, Pierce/Bludge Immunity 25%.
Weaknesses: 50% Acid Vulnerable, 100% Fire Vulnerable, 50% Slash Vulnerable.

Regeneration Aura +1
Needs permanent Barkskin appearance, and to be resized to about 50% of base size

Tier 2:

Bone Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Bone) - Art Crafting DC 20, 10 Bones, 32 Crafting Points

Stats:
AC = 26
HP = 200
AB = 19/14/9
Attack = 3-24 + 9 (20 / x2)
Fort = 16
Ref = 6
Will = 12
SR = 0
Regen = 0
DR = 9/-, 15/+2, Acid 50/-, Cold 50/-, Electrical 50/-, Fire 50/-, 50% Piercing Immunity, 50% Slashing Immunity.
Weaknesses: 50% Bludgeoning Vulnerability.
Ability: 3x Howl
Special: Monster On Hit - Ability Drain (Constitution)

Fear Aura (Lesser)

Glass Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Glass) - Art Crafting DC 24, 30 Glass, 38 Crafting Points

Stats:
AC = 32
HP = 174
AB = 19/14/9
Attack = 2-20 + 9 (20 / x2)
Fort = 9
Ref = 14
Will = 12
SR = 22
Regen = 0
DR = 5/+3, Acid 50/-, Cold 50/-, Electrical 50/-, 75% Piercing Immunity, 75% Slashing Immunity, Fire Immunity 100%.
Weaknesses: 100% Sonic Vulnerable, 100% Bludgeoning Vulnerability
Ability: Permanent Freedom Of Movement.

Set to 75% of base height.

Iron Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Iron) - Forging DC 24, 15 Iron Ingots, 40 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 30
HP = 186
AB = 20/15/10
Attack = 2-20 + 10 (20 / x2)
Fort = 13
Ref = 8
Will = 12
SR = 0
Regen = 0
DR = 20/+2.
Special: Spell Immunity (level 9 or lower).
Ability: 2x Iron Golem Poison Gas

Set to 75% of base size

Marble Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Granite) - Art Crafting DC 26, 15 Marble, 44 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 24
HP = 211
AB = 21/16/11
Attack = 2-20 + 11 (20 / x2)
Fort = 16
Ref = 7
Will = 14
SR = 22
Regen = 0
DR = 20/+4, Bludge Immunity 25%, Slash/Pierce Immunity 50%.
Weaknesses: 50% Sonic Vulnerable, 50% Acid Vulnerability.

Ability: Slow Bolt DC 24 On Cooldown.

Minogon:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Minogon) - Forging DC 22, 6 Iron Ingots 4 Steel Ingots, 36 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 27
HP = 179
AB = 22/17/12
Attack = 1-12 + 9 + 2 + 1d6 Fire (20 / x3)
Fort = 15
Ref = 7
Will = 10
SR = 16
Regen = 0
DR = 5/+2.
Special: Immunity Specific Spell: Magic Missile.
Ability: 1x Isaacs Lesser Missile Storm (CL 16)

If possible to make Isaacs Lesser Missile storm to be on Cooldown instead of a single use.

NOTE: Designed to be the mid tier throw away "rank and file" soldier golem.

Tier 3:

Diamond Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Diamond) - Art Crafting DC 30, 15 Diamonds and 1 Lesser Alchemists Catalyst, 215 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 31
HP = 250
AB = 29/24/19
Attack = 2-24 + 15 (20 / x2)
Fort = 15
Ref = 9
Will = 12
SR = 22
Regen = 0
DR = 3/-, 15/+3, Physical Immunity 25%, Cold Immunity 100%.

On Hit (once per round) -1APR for 2 rounds, Forst Save DC 20 (like the spellswords cold imbue but without slowing them)
Set to 125% of base height.

Greensteel Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Greensteel) - Forging DC 40, 15 Greensteel Ingots, 195 Crafting Points..

Stats:
AC = 36
HP = 320
AB = 30/25/20
Attack = 2-20 + 16 (15-20 / x3) (not sure if this crit set up is possible on a creature weapon, may need a HaK or 2da Edit which I don't know how to do. Currently it's actual Crit is (19-20 / x2) )
Fort = 18
Ref = 15
Will = 13
SR = 0
Regen = 0
DR = 25/+3, Physical Immunity 25%.
Ability: On-Hit Stun DC 24, 1 round.

If possible set the "On Hit" to only trigger on crits and increase the DC to 26.
Set to 125% of base height.

Battle Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Battle Golem) - Forging DC 36, 10 Iron Ingots and 10 Steel ingots and 1 Greater Magic Weapon (scroll), 100 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 34
HP = 310
AB = 34/29/24/19
Attack = 1-12 + 18 + 4 Fire (17 / x2)
Fort = 21
Ref = 11
Will = 12
SR = 22
Regen = 0
DR = 3/-, 15/+3, Cold 25/-, Fire 25/-, Pierce/Slash Immunity 25%.
Weaknesses: 50% Acid Vulnerability, Bludge Vulnerable 25%, Electrical Vulnerable 25%.

Fear Aura (lesser)

NOTE: This is meant to be a "rank and file" throwaway golem, alongside the Guardian One. That is why the crafting process is considerably easier than other similar tier golems. It's meant to be used in place of the more powerful, but also far more expensive to get, superior golems when in generic situations.

Guardian Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Guardian Golem) - Forging DC 36, 10 Iron Ingots and 10 Steel ingots and 1 Minor Globe of Invulnerability (scroll), 100 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 39
HP = 480
AB = 29/24/19
Attack = 1-12 + 13 (19 / x2)
Fort = 26
Ref = 8
Will = 14
SR = 28
Regen = 0
DR = 9/-, 20/+3, Cold 35/-, Fire 35/-, Pierce/Slash Immunity 50%.
Weaknesses: 50% Acid Vulnerability, Bludge Vulnerable 25%, Electrical Vulnerable 25%.

Ability: Spell Mantle on Cooldown
*If possible also the ability to -guard the PC via a chat command, like the Shadowdancers Shadow.

NOTE: This is meant to be a "rank and file" throwaway golem, alongside the Battle One. That is why the crafting process is considerably easier than other similar tier golems. It's meant to be used in place of the more powerful, but also far more expensive to get, superior golems when in generic situations.

Tier 4:

Ruby Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Ruby) - Art Crafting DC 34, 15 Rubies and 1 Normal Alchemists Catalyst, 250 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 34
HP = 300
AB = 31/26/21
Attack = 3-30 + 14 (20 / x2)
Fort = 17
Ref = 11
Will = 14
SR = 24
Regen = 0
DR = 6/-, 20/+3, Physical Immunity 25%, Fire Immunity 100%.

On Hit (once per round) Lower AC by 3, Fort save DC 23 (like the spellswords fire imbue effect)

Emerald Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Emerald) - Art Crafting DC 38, 15 Emeralds and 1 Greater Alchemists Catalyst, 285 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 37
HP = 350
AB = 33/28/23
Attack = 3-36 + 16 (20 / x2)
Fort = 19
Ref = 13
Will = 16
SR = 26
Regen = 0
DR = 9/-, 15/+5, Physical Immunity 25%, Acid Immunity 100%.

On Hit (once per round) Lower AB by 4, Reflex save DC 26 (like the spellswords acid imbue effect)

Mithril Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Mithril) - Forging DC 46, 15 Mithril Ingots and 5 Steel Ingots, 2 Dwarven Incantations, 1 Star Sapphire, 280 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 37 (41 with perma-haste)
HP = 370
AB = 34/29/24
Attack = 4-40 + 17 (20 / x2)
Fort = 21
Ref = 18
Will = 19
SR = 28
Regen = 0
DR = 6/-, 15/+5, Slash/Bludge Immunity 25%, Pierce Immunity 50%.
Weaknesses: 50% Acid Vulnerable.
Special: Perma-Haste

None

Adamantine Golem:
Crafting - Golem Parts (Adamantine) - Forging DC 50, 15 Adamantine Ingots and 5 Mithral Ingots, 2 Greater Alchemical Catalysts, 3 Dwarven Incantations, 1 Star Sapphire, 400 Crafting Points.

Stats:
AC = 39
HP = 555
AB = 38/33/28/23
Attack = 5-50 + 19 (20 / x2)
Fort = 30
Ref = 18
Will = 26
SR = 30
Regen = 0
DR = 20/-, Physical Immunity 25%, 20/- Fire, 20/- Cold, 20/- Electrical, 20/- Negative, 20/- Positive, 20/- Divine.
Weaknesses: 50% Acid Vulnerable, 50% Sonic Vulnerable.
Special: Spell Immunity (level 9 or lower)

Ability: Fear Aura (Lesser)

Now, I know some of these golems look a bit over powered but there's a few reasons for that. First of all the strongest ones, as you can see, would be very very difficult to make.

But secondly and most importantly is the final part of my suggestion;
I suggest that when a Golem dies when under the control of a player, that means when in a players Party designated as a henchman, that it drops a corpse and the corpse would be an item called a "Damaged [Golem Type] Golem.".
The owner can loot this item (it would weigh a lot, and even more depending on the type of golem) and bring it to an appropriate crafter to have it "repaired", a lot like you repair the broken fixtures. Doing this would require you to "re-bind" the golem with it's, or a new, control stone.

HOWEVER!! And there's the important part. If your golem dies and you don't manage to loot it's corpse then one of two things will happen.
1. You return to the area only to find the corpse is no longer there, probably scavanged by the local beasties (cleanup script)
2. You died to another player and they can now loot the golem corpse, bring it to get repaired, and bind it under their own control themselves.
What this means is that even though the Adamantine Golem is extremely strong it's probably not the best idea to bring it with you to that raid on Andunor, because you might just be giving the gift of an extremely hard to craft, rare and powerful golem, to those pesky Drow if you lose.

Otherwise if the golem dies when not in your party (standing idle like you can do now) it can simply be re-summoned after a reset, like it is now.

I understand that there's likely a LOT going on with the team right now, what with HaKs and all that, but I couldn't help myself in making this suggestion nonetheless. I'd also be more than happy to continue to assist in seeing it done even though I have limited coding experience and limited experience with the Toolset if I can help carry the burden somewhat then i'd be glad to.

Image of the Golems in the Module just for fun!

Edit: As an alternative to soften the workload if that's necessary, you could implement Tiers 1 to 3 and leave out the droppable golem corpse part of the suggestion, while also toning down the stats of some of the golems and splitting them all among the three Tiers (effectively having 6 per tier).
That way at least we'd get a lot of new golems that are useful and fun, and the workload required would drop dramatically because no new systems would need to be made just a small alteration to a current one with the addition of the already made golems.
Either way thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion :D

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Golems+

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:01 pm

We do badly need a golem rework, but while the above suggestions might be a good rough road-map, we absolutely must avoid putting DR on summoned creatures.

Approved for a golem rework ROUGHLY in line with the above.