Kingsley's Considerations

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

My decency

Kingsley's Considerations

Post by My decency » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Jezebel sat at her desk, staring at those urns she was given only a few cycles ago, with fingers tapping upon that hardwood surface. Though, for the life her her, it did not matter how much she wanted to think about those urns, they were the last thing on her mind. No, the surfacers had her attention, particularly that planetouched inquisitor. Aremis. It had been years since she had felt slighted as she did with his words.

The hypocrisy, she thought with a snort. It doesn't matter what he does or any of those above, as long as they tell everyone around them that it was something that had to be done for their 'greater good' and it doesn't matter what that is.

She reached out for the only thing left on her desk, a little notebook which she opened up and flipped past years of unspent letters. One of the more recent ones caught her eye and she paused, reading it over with a little grin before flipping past it until she reached an empty page to begin scribbling upon.

"Let us see if the surface can be swayed to look upon you in another way, planetouched."
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

My decency

Re: Kingsley's Considerations

Post by My decency » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:32 am

The door to her office closed and she buried her face in her hands, the spellsword whimpering a bit before she let out a scream that echoed in the basement of the Sharps District House.

"GODS DAMN THEM ALL!" Echoed as the room quickly became a battlefield for her rage, bookcases being pulled over after every book that adorned their shelves was thrown across the room. Her mind was racing as every bit of the cycle's proceedings went through them. From the beginning of the cycle with her waltzing into Cordor to whisper into Emma's ear...to the felling of the monk and their planning to use him as leverage.

The only thing spared from her anger was that desk in her office where those urns resided, and when there was nothing other than that desk to upturn...she collapsed in the middle of the room and wept. None of the cycle went as she planned. She had thought to enlist the High Watcher's aid in exploring the surface, and now she knew that she was going to have to learn to be more subtle above. There was going to be a war, and Jezebel knew all too well that it wasn't going to be avoided..but still the only thing that she could focus on was their disrespect towards Charlotte. Still, even after almost a year...she felt that pain of the woman's loss and the knights above would still laugh and mock her pain.

Slowly, she pushed up from the stone and swung at one of the wooden pillars in her room, the wrist of her swordarm giving a loud crunching crack as bones broke and another cry was given, the spellsword slumping against the pillar as more tears were given, words being given as she sobbed.

"I will avenge you."
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

My decency

Re: Kingsley's Considerations

Post by My decency » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:45 am

Jezebel looked over her family lands with a soft sigh, knees brought up to her chest as she sat atop a hill where she had spent so many afternoons hiding from her instructors as a child when their pressure was simply too much to take. It was perhaps ironic, that she would sit atop this hill after an abrupt departure from the city, only leaving behind two letters, one for Belfryn, the other for the High-Watcher. That the family lands were tiny compared to most was likely a boon, seeing as they were still as well kept as they were when she had been turned away from her home nearly ten years ago.

As she looked them over, her mind began to wander as it often did. Memories of Foegrimm all but tossing her into the eyes of many in the city, asking Yothar to scribe her scrolls to make hunts easier, meeting Lavok and answering his flurry of questions about the human mind and her own mindset and beliefs...and finally her mind came to Charlotte and she gave a soft sigh. Hazel eyes traveled to the urns by her side and her lips pursed before she gave a soft sigh. She came to finally spread Charlotte's ashes upon her family's lands, a place she had once intended to bring the woman to, if lives ever slowed, even if they would likely be turned away and spit on for Jezebel's own misdeeds.

Removing her scale vest, she stood up and took one of the urns in hand, opening it and peering inside for perhaps the first time as a soft whimper escaped her lips, shoulders dropping ever so slightly. Slowly, she reached into the urn to grab a handful of those ashes to begin spreading them over that hill, a tear rolling down her cheek as she mumbled to herself.

"I know it is not vengeance, my love, but I hope at least this brings you some rest. I am not giving up on it, but I cannot let my grief control my life or actions any more...nor can I sit at my desk and be constantly reminded of your absence."

She continued on until both of those urns were empty and leaned against a tree that Jezebel herself slumped against, shaking her head as she watched the sun fall over the small manor she could vividly remember stumbling through the halls with a tome in hand. Disrupting a brief, calm moment, her hazel eyes were drawn to some movement from the stables that she could only assume was shortly going to be coming her way. She pushed up and grabbed her chain vest, fastening it over her burgundy leather tunic yet again with a heavy sigh as she looked to the tree and pressed a hand firmly against it. After a short incantation she withdrew her hand and looked over a newly burned etching into the tree reading 'Charlotte Elizabeth Crowe. Taken too early, but to late to avoid her having left an impact. ~Elizabeth Kingsly.' After a brief moment, and a glance over her shoulder to see men running towards the hill, Jezebel gave a sigh, patting the tree before she moved around it. She was slow to start, hesitant to leave that spot, but eventually a spot that began her journey was the end to another and she, once again, saw to running from her family lands.