Switch Version, Cleric Level Bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Kiffeh

Switch Version, Cleric Level Bug

Post by Kiffeh » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:51 am

So, I've been building up a Strongheart Halfling with the intention of running a 21/6/3 Bard/Fighter/Cleric build, playing on the Nintendo Switch version of Arelith. After taking four levels in Bard and four levels in Fighter, it was time to take my requisite three levels in Cleric to match the build, and I found out that the Cleric class was grayed out and I was unable to take any levels in it.

I spent some time batting this issue back and forth with Tempedius at first. We tried switching Deities, bumping my piety up with praying, logging in and out and restarting the game. We tried switching my character over to the PCGG server, where the Cleric class was still unable to be taken, and so I eventually pinged the DM channel for help.

DM Butterfly helped me to test my character out a little, and after all was said and done we determined that the issue is in trying to take Cleric levels under 11 WIS. You can't, even in the PCGG. Tempedius assures me that this is a bug, not a design feature, as on the PC version of the game he can make this build with 8 WIS. We think the problem may be specific to the Switch version of the game, so he suggested I should post a bug report about it in the hopes that it might be eventually fixed in an update in the future.

If you need any further information from me about it, please let me know in a PM.