Create Greater Undead

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

God_In_Action

Create Greater Undead

Post by God_In_Action » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Twice today I cast Create Greater Undead (on a level 16 caster) but it only summoned 2 mummies, whereas it should have summoned 3. Sometimes it does summon 3.

chris a gogo

Re: Create Greater Undead

Post by chris a gogo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:53 pm

This seems to be effecting elemental swarm also.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:29 am

"Sometimes"

Need you to be more specific. What behavior are you noticing when it works vs when it doesn't?

CNS

Post by CNS » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:23 am

Whats going on in that black bar? Are they all PC party members?

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:55 am

When casting create greater undead you summon between 1-3 zombies instead of 3.
When casting elemental swarm you get anything from 1-4 summons.

I noticed it last night on the UD server and presumed it was because i had a henchman in my group so removed the henchman then recast the spells, the summon numbers are totally random i got 3,3,4,1. with elemental swarm.

Create greater undead i got 2,2,2,1.

God_In_Action

Post by God_In_Action » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:37 am

Unfortunately I couldn't be any more specific because nothing else was out of the ordinary in any way in the circumstances. The situation was otherwise entirely normal and unremarkable. I simply stood there, cast the spell, and twice during that evening of playing the spell summoned only 2 mummies. The only thing I can possibly suggest is to ask whether it is lag connected, because on an occasion when the spell did correctly summon 3 mummies there was a slight but noticeable delay with the 3rd mummy loading in compared to the first two.

Re: Black bar, that's just redaction of the IC info about which characters are going around doing necromancy. It has the portraits and names behind thr black bars.

CNS

Post by CNS » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:40 am

This works perfectly in test so tracking it down is going to be difficult.

Especially as we've had conflicting reports of different beaviour on different servers.

Please give lots of details in your reports. What class are you using. What else is going on. Do you have any screenshots etc.

When did this behviour start happening? When did Elemental swarm last work for you? (Elemental swarm is the weird one, no one has touched it since I fixed a bug with it around a week ago so if it worked and then stopped that raises questions).

Edit - if there are things you don't want to expose publically (like that you play X char or your build etc) you can always PM me or 'Contributors'.

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:13 am

Shaman level 22.
UD server started happening last evening GMT around 22:00 i first noticed it.
Was using the edef default elemental stream for elemental swarm.

I had switched to zombie stream to test if it was limited to just elemental swarm and found that it was also effected, i had been using abomination and beast streams earlier.
I also was playing in the morning and had no issues with either so whatever changed happened after midday on sunday GMT.

Just tested them both again and got.

Create greater undead 3,2,3,3. with zombie stream.

Elemental swarm was even stranger.

2,3,2,1, but the second two gave two air elementals while on the default stream.