BUTLER UPDATE: Butler made useless by update.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

BUTLER UPDATE: Butler made useless by update.

Post by dominantdrowess » Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 am

Code: Select all

=============
Butlers:
Some butlers had their conversations modified. This won't apply to every butler, only ones using the proper scripts.
- Cleaned up to look a lot nicer.
- Characters with higher Leadership than Intimidate are considered "courtly", while characters with higher Intimidate are more "curt". The butlers using the new scripts will respond to this.
- Correct titles will always be used. Nobles are referred to as 'Lady' or 'Lord', except in the case of Drow, who receive 'Jabbuk' and 'Jabbress'.
- Characters who are Monsters, Drow, or have Epic Skill Focus in Intimidate are considered Fearsome. Butlers will behave more nervously around these characters and never refer to them by name, only by their most respectful title.
- Many existing butlers now have access to head-selling
==============

Description of Bug Experienced:
Mycroft has stopped providing access to the bank accounts of keyholders in the mansion guildhall. I suspect this is a problem with ALL butlers, but I have no way to test others.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

• Own Deepgate Manor. (POSSIBLY OTHER MANSIONS!)
  • Provide someone a key so they can live in the mansion.
  • Have that person use the dialogue option for Butler to access their bank account.

Expected Result:

• Butler accesses their bank account.

Actual Result:

• Nothing happens and the conversation ends when you click "I need to check my bank account." unless you are the PRIMARY owner of the mansion.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
I am currently conversing with other Butler-havers to see if they also have this problem.

Seemingly, Butler is not using the same key-check script as the doors - possibly causing it to ignore faction permission and keyring - making it exceedingly inconvenient for most people who I have had difficulty getting to test since the update. Being the primary owner, I can't really do a lot to test since it works for me. Very inconvenient for people Mansion is trying to offer convenience to -- as this used to function before the update.

Last edited by dominantdrowess on Mon May 08, 2023 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: BUTLER UPDATE: Butler made useless by update.

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon May 08, 2023 6:13 am

So it's just the bank account? I don't understand what you mean by made useless.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: BUTLER UPDATE: Butler made useless by update.

Post by dominantdrowess » Mon May 08, 2023 6:46 am

It means that people who are not the PRIMARY owner have zero access to these options, even though the conversation options are visible to them, and they used to have access to these functions BEFORE the update.

When they (non-primary key holders) click the options available to them, the conversation simply ends as if not attached to scripts. Even if they are in a faction and have keyed access to the house, and the guards will help them in a hostile PvP situation.

Those same players cannot access their bank account in the House even though the dialogue options are visibly there.