Shop Interface Does Not Allow Price Changes

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Ellisaria

Shop Interface Does Not Allow Price Changes

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:32 am

Description of Bug Experienced:

The shop interface that normally permits the adjustment of prices does not show.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

Open shop; navigate through menu.

Expected Result:

Being able to see items that are in the shop and to adjust their prices.

Actual Result:

No information populates.

Screenshot(s)

At the time of this screenshot, there were about 15 items in the shop.

Additional Information/Notes

1. This is one of the four shops in the Nomad in Cordor. Its current name is "Noble 'n Nature." My PC just acquired this shop as of today.
  2. Someone else posted about a similar issue a few weeks ago, but I think it might've gotten overlooked since it was different than the original bug, which was then marked as closed.

EDIT 07-01-2023: confirmed that all the independent shops in the Nomad suffer from this bug. (By independent, I mean that they are not attached to ownership of the Nomad.)

Gaming Platform

Windows PC

Last edited by Ellisaria on Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ellisaria

Re: Shop Interface Does Not Allow Price Changes

Post by Ellisaria » Tue May 02, 2023 4:06 pm

Polite nudge on this, as my shop sees a fair amount of activity and I'm having to use a spreadsheet to keep tabs on how I've priced things. :) Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?

Martoc

Post by Martoc » Sun May 07, 2023 4:54 pm

Try removing that single quote in the name (if you can).

As a developer, the number of thing that an unescaped single quote can mess up is large.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sun May 07, 2023 7:12 pm

Martoc wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:54 pm

Try removing that single quote in the name (if you can).

As a developer, the number of thing that an unescaped single quote can mess up is large.

While this was very sound logic, it unfortunately does not seem to make a difference. :cry:
If I remember correctly, the other person whose shop has a similar affliction uses a normal, non-quote(s) name.

Martoc

Post by Martoc » Mon May 08, 2023 12:45 am

Ok dumb question, but are any items posted in the shop?

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Mon May 08, 2023 2:21 am

Martoc wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:45 am

Ok dumb question, but are any items posted in the shop?

Yes. In my original post, beneath the screenshot, I noted that at the time there were fifteen items. I now consistently stock thirty items.

I have used a temporary rental stall with the same name, and I am able to change prices there as per normal.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Mon May 08, 2023 6:51 am

I can confirm 3 things:

_ This bug happened to me some times when I owned a perma shop. Only a server reset could fix it when it happened. The bug has been reported by others too. I personnally have never used any " in the shop names.

_ It has not always been the case. Can't remember precisely when it started, but it came with some game and/or server update.

_ Never seen this bug happening in Temporary stalls

All in all, it's not much more than an inconvenience in my opinion ... Had to keep a spreadsheet for the shop with or without bug. It just forced to put out and in again an item if one needed to adjust a price, unpleasant but not disabling. (I say this because I'm about to bump a report about a bug that can and has killed my toon :D )

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Fri May 26, 2023 4:35 am

Polite nudge, as this remains an issue.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:58 am

This is still an issue.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Obligatory "this remains an issue" nudge.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:35 pm

I've confirmed that all the independent shops in the Nomad suffer from this bug. (By independent, I mean that they are not attached to ownership of the Nomad.) Could this be helpful in identifying the issue?

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:04 am

I also own a shop at Cordor's Outskirt that has this bug, without the " for as long as i remember.

The downside to this matter is, i often forget the original price of the products that i've placed them and, it does cause me some distress because it resulted in my shop having flunctuating prices.

And yes, this is a permanent bug because i've never been able to see the prices in the list, no matter what i try which includes, waiting for awhile when i've clicked on the sign at various phases of the menu and, tweaking the shop name as mentioned above.

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:56 am

Ellisaria wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:35 pm

I've confirmed that all the independent shops in the Nomad suffer from this bug. (By independent, I mean that they are not attached to ownership of the Nomad.) Could this be helpful in identifying the issue?

Quoting just to give you a notification.

Are these shops assigned to a faction, and if so, does the faction/shop (either-or) accidentally have the "Set custom shop prices when placing items in shop only" power activated?

I had this issue previously, and turned this option off on both my faction ranks and the shop. It immediately and permanently resolved the issue for me.

what would fred rogers do?

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:16 am

Flower Power wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:56 am
Ellisaria wrote:

Are these shops assigned to a faction, and if so, does the faction/shop (either-or) accidentally have the "Set custom shop prices when placing items in shop only" power activated?

I had this issue previously, and turned this option off on both my faction ranks and the shop. It immediately and permanently resolved the issue for me.

This isn't the issue because i'm the shop owner and i'm experiencing this bug.
I've not replied in this post because Ellisaria has already been doing so however, it wasn't resolved yet after several months had passed which resulted in me, doing so now.
I can attach the screenshot when i login later.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:25 pm

Flower Power wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:56 am
Ellisaria wrote:

I tried this, and there was no immediate change. I'll wait to see if a reset fixes anything.

That said, the other independent shop, which also experiences this bug, is not set to a faction whatsoever. And while I know that hiding the factions is a thing, my PC has eviction powers for shops and should be able to see even hidden factions - at least, I think!
I appreciate the help. :)

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:21 pm

While looking for something else, I came across this thread, which is a bug report for... the shops inside the Nomad being unable to use the shop menu to change prices.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40526

Perplexia

Post by Perplexia » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:55 pm

i had this exact same issue a year ago

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38260

worth noting is that the shop in question was in the boreal keep, on the underdark server, so it seems to be an issue with the shop dialogue/scripts in general, rather than any shops in particular

Atlus wrote: As they say on the internet, this is a very based post.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:52 am

had this recently myself with a temporary shop in Guldorand's fortress city

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:05 am

I bet you thought I'd forgotten. No such luck! Bump.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:15 pm

Looking into this.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:07 pm

I figured out what was causing the issue and updated the area. The changes should be in soon!
For future dev reference, this was an issue with the variables on the shop placeable conflicting with the variables on the interactable shop area. For shops with a clickable spot, the underlying fixture should be variable-free.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:41 pm

whitewingeddove wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:07 pm

I figured out what was causing the issue and updated the area. The changes should be in soon!
For future dev reference, this was an issue with the variables on the shop placeable conflicting with the variables on the interactable shop area. For shops with a clickable spot, the underlying fixture should be variable-free.

Words cannot adequately describe the absolute joy and appreciation I have for you taking the time to look into this and fix it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:30 pm

whitewingeddove wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:07 pm

The update has happened, to my understanding... but unfortunately, I still cannot change the prices. :(

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:36 pm

It might not have been quite live when I made the announcement. Sometimes things take a few days/resets to go through. If it's not changed in the next few resets, let me know.

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:45 pm

whitewingeddove wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:36 pm

It might not have been quite live when I made the announcement. Sometimes things take a few days/resets to go through. If it's not changed in the next few resets, let me know.

Very pleased to say that it's now live and working as intended!!! :D Thank you SO MUCH!